F550 with WKM what times you getting out of your batteries

VINHEX

I'm running the above kit with a 3.3 3s 11000 mah batterie and getting about 5/6 minutes life out of it. What's everyone else using times and batteries ect. Want to keep standard kit at the moment. Using 10" props as well just in case makes huge difference.

chipwich

F550, stock 8" props, naza gps module, aeroXcraft landing gear/gopro gimbal, gopro hero2 with wi-fi backpack, nano-tech 4S 6000 25C getting around 11 mins to 80% depletion. i have my timer set to 9.5 mins to give enough rtb time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

F550, stock 8" props, naza gps module, aeroXcraft landing gear/gopro gimbal, gopro hero2 with wi-fi backpack, nano-tech 4S 6000 25C getting around 11 mins to 80% depletion. i have my timer set to 9.5 mins to give enough rtb time.

That's excellent! Sounds like a nice set up.

VINHEX

With Std ECS and Stock Motors DJI Recommend not to use 10" on 4S setup. This could cause overheating. However I know guys do use that setup.

palkox

DJI F550 WKM with AG550 gimbal and NEX5n with 18-55mm. Upgraded stock motors to Tigers 2216. Graupner 10x5 props.
Total weight: 3,3 kg. Batteries: Fligthmax S4 8000

Easy flying/hovering: 9-10 min
Agressive active flying: 7-8 min
(have 3 batteries and they differ)

Approx 3.5 pr cell left meassured on ground!

Dr.phil

palkox, is the only upgrade you did the motors and the battery? If so this is interestings since I really want to increase the flighttime of my F550/AG550 to 10mins like you instead of 5-6

palkox

Yes. Only upgrade was motors - Tiger motors 2216 900kv. With 10" graupners I tried to lift off with my 5000mah 3S batteries. But could not lift this heavy! I then changed to 4S batteries. And with the Flightmax S4 8000mah which is 30C - I get those flight times mentioned in above post.
But bare in mind that 10min is only possible when I am doing easy slow flying with mostly hovering and slow turning. When flying active/aggressive, with fast lifting, crane type of shots that goes up to 20-30 meters and then fly around object and back down and up again - I normally get about 7-8 minutes max.
So its quite a big difference what type of flying you do!

I normally do my high altitude work during the first 5min of flight and then I fly last minutes close to me and ground. After 6-7 min I always land and check lipo voltage.

I used to stop when cells where 3.7v. As I read somewhere that this was recommended so you dont damage battery. Then my flight times where around 7 min hovering and 5 min max active flying.
But read again somewhere else that this is a bit old school and that the lipos today can take more charging and lower voltage before damage. But under 3.2v is not recommended! I dont know this for a fact - have only read it at this forum!
But stopping at 3.5v as a minimum pr cell seems to work fine.

dkorick

DJI F550 with Naza & GPS. Graupner 10x5 props, GoPro II, Aeroxcraft landing and gimbal mount and GensAce 4S 5500 mah. Total weight 2.41 kg. 7 minutes with 20 to 30% battery left.

thehatguy

DJI F550 with Naza & GPS. Graupner 10x5 props, GoPro II, Aeroxcraft landing and gimbal mount and GensAce 4S 5500 mah. Total weight 2.41 kg. 7 minutes with 20 to 30% battery left.

Same setup, same battery, but using 9" Graupners.
Total weight is 2.94kg.

10 minutes of flight time with battery at 20%~23%.

John

dkorick

wow, great comparison. another .53 kg and 3 minutes longer flight time! Looks like I might some new props...