F550 What wieght are you flying with

olof

Osprey
Awesome video ! What gimbal are you using again ? I am unable to get this kind of stability in the Roll axis.

But on the flight duration, I get easily 8 min with approx. 2800 gr gross weight. I use 3s 5900 mAh 35c, graupner 10x5 props and Kopterworx motors.

I use a MKTR Pro Gimbal with the dual servos for roll. I have applied some post stabilization in AE. This setup works very well in smooth conditions.

I get up to 7 minutes on the 6400 3c batts but I always land after 6 minutes with 20-25% batt left.

I now have a S800 with Zemuse coming, I can't wait. This should be a lot better if the wind kicks up.

Ray Bahas

I use a MKTR Pro Gimbal with the dual servos for roll. I have applied some post stabilization in AE. This setup works very well in smooth conditions.

I get up to 7 minutes on the 6400 3c batts but I always land after 6 minutes with 20-25% batt left.

I now have a S800 with Zemuse coming, I can't wait. This should be a lot better if the wind kicks up.

Thanks Olof. I suspected some post stabilization but still you had some solid original material. The MKTR seems a good option but again, I heard and read about the S800 + zenmuse gimbal, they are heading to some serious aerial photography business. However, my understanding is Zenmuse is designed for small cameras like Sony nex series and would not handle Canon 5Ds or other pro DSLR for example.

I am contemplating this option (S800) vs Cinestar, Skyjib and the like for serious aerial photography.

Muunk

I have an DJI F550 built as a Y6. AUW is 4.6 kg with 2x8000 mah 4S battery. Did the maiden some days ago, it is very stable in the wind :)

View attachment 9041View attachment 9042

Mine weighs 2358 g. I am using the Trinity 3C 5000 mA batteries. Right now I have on the stock DJI 10 Inch props. It will only fly about five minutes with a reserve. When I recharge I put back in about 3200 mA. I bought mine used but it seems like a very short flight time. I ordered some newer batteries to see how that affects my flight.

Does this seem correct? Which direction do you think I should go to increase my flight times slightly (hopefully like 7 to 8 minutes).

Is it better to just stick with the 3C or increase the milliamps? Or go to the 4c?

Thanks, Tony

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358639738.703178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358639738.703178.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 353
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358639771.511383.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358639771.511383.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 323

agricola

All in my F550 weighs 2110g with a gopro3 in a fixed mount ( still waiting for suitable gimbal), aeroxcraft landing gear and 3s 4000 mah lipo.

I would like to add FPV gear sometime this years and I can see total weight being just over 2.5 kg. Not sure how much extra I would like to fly on with stock motors.

All the best, now if only the Cornish wind would drop ....
cheers Keith

Don't have exact weight.. around 4000g if I had to guess. Hopefully I can get it weighed soon.
Avroto motors with arm extensions Aerial Media Pro
11x7SlowFly APC prop
2x5000mAh 4s packs
Nex5n with HDMI converter
VTR125 gimbal and aeroxcraft landing gear
2.4 vTx, dragonlink RX

About 9min flights with allot of power

Rehost

Hi Vin,
I'm tackling the weight issue also with my F550 Naza. However, I've been through some modifications to the original copter settings. First, I replaced the stock motors by Kopterworx brand (no specs provided by the manufacturer), same for the props replaced by Graupner 10x5 Eprops. The reason I did this is to be able to fix my new Photohigher AV130 2 axis gimbal. This much heavier gimbal replaces the Aeroxcraft I had before.
The F550 present weight is 2500 gr, including Zippy 3s 5000 mAh, Castle BEC, the gimbal and attached Gopro.
Now, I'm planing to replace the Gopro with the Sony nex5 and increase battery power with Billowy 3s 5900 mAh. This will bring the total weight to near 3 Kgs. To be honest, I don't know what will happen. Most probably my flight time will drastically decrease, I just hope not to burn some ICs here.

Ray, which motors are they? I'm looking for future upgrades but I don't want to do the whole reprogramming? Not sure if these motors apply...

Thanks,
Dan

Ray Bahas

Ray, which motors are they? I'm looking for future upgrades but I don't want to do the whole reprogramming? Not sure if these motors apply...

Thanks,
Dan

If you're flying a Naza F550, there's not reprog. or adaptor or anything else to do but replacing the stock motors with the Kopterworx KW4 or 8 motors. You can find specs here: http://www.kopterworx.com/Motors/KW4-pro-+-6mm-adapter

I haven't had very satisfactory services from Kopterworx but I must admit that their motors are excellent, way more balanced and powerful than the DJI's, especially if you couple these motors with Graupner 10x5 e-props. Then you have a mush more responsive, fast and reliable Naza, while you increase the payload without any overheating or extra battery discharge.

However, you might need to re-tune your throttle joystick on your Tx to match the new Naza behaviour.

Hope this will help.

Rehost

Oh cool!
Something must be wrong with my eyes because I'm seeing 100$ Canadian each. That would be 600$ for my 550.

That can't be right
Dan

Ray Bahas

Oups! I don't recall I've paid this amount 3 months back.
Lemme check, I'm sure they increased the price but that much ?

Dewster

I finally put my DJI F550 converted Y6 on a scale. It weighs 6.5 pounds with a Sony Action camera and two 6000 mah lipo batteries. I use Avroto 2814/11s motors. The motors add a lot of weight to the craft, but it flies pretty good. I get about 6.23 minutes of flight time. I did achieve a 9 minute hover above ground effect indoors using Attitude mode.