f550 and XA 650 landing gear

Ive seen john did a build with Xaircraft landing gear under it but i couldnt see in the pictures if he drilled through the distribution part of the board, im doin the same and can only see that there's only enough room for two screw per mount instead of the 4 it would normally use... I could make all 4 go but then I would be drilling through the distribution portion of the lower plate, anyone put one of these on before or have any ideas for a guy!
Thanks

Tahoe Ed

I know that someone else did drill the bottom plate. He says he has had no problems. I would be very careful. I checked mine and I cannot see any traces so it would be difficult to avoid them.

Thanx, i can see the outline on each side of the positive and negative feeds but im concerned about it shorting, im going to try and find a piece of carbon plate or aluminum to attach normally on the bottom then drill the mounts in it

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

zx12rcarl

i drill the bottom plate on a f450 to put landing gear on... and if you dont grind away where the nuts n bolts go on one side of the plate it will short it out...

You mean if i dont grind the black off it wont short.... Nylon washers, should do

zx12rcarl

i tryed nylon washers and test it see if it was going to short... and it was no good so had to sand some of the black off the bottom plate... then all was good... took 5 mins
just muti-test it befor you plug a lipo to it :)

I ended up not doing any drilling, cut a piece of aluminum and mounted it using supplied openings spaced down 3/16" and drilled the aluminum to suit the gear, looks and works great ill post a pic after work

Final deal... Not bad introduced a bit extra play but i shot a quick vid tonight and its good

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330837241489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330837241489.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 356
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330837274068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330837274068.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 308

badbill

I just placed an X650V bottom plate centered on the bottom plate of the 550, and marked the holes. I saw no problem with the traces so I went ahead and drilled. I have several flights now and itt works perfect, no problem.
Don't worry about it.View attachment 3049

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Attachments

• 550Hexa.jpg
    550Hexa.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 276

Heres where im at on this setup now... gopro at 720/60, im finding i have some trouble getting a super solid hover.... im confident in my gps/imu measurement but im at only 110 in basic and 80 atti gains, i have em set up on my transmitter but its almost as i need to go lower which i find interesting?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oylore

X650V plate

"badbill"

Is it possible for you take a picture of the X650V plate and put on the measurements between the holes to be drilled for the X650 landing gear?

Thank you!

I traced my bottom plate on a piece of paper, cut it out (made a template) and placed the XA landing gear on the paper to figure out where to drill my holes. Once I figured out where to drill, I put the template on the bottom plate, marked and drilled the holes. At it's closest point I'm about a half a mm away from the power distribution...but I also put clear silicon over all my landing gear screws (as I also do with all my solders) to prevent any shorting.

boranup

Have there been any updates to mounting XA650 landing gear to the F550? I am going to attempt next week and wanted to see if there have been any refinements. I wish to use the battery holder and the Xaircraft GoPro gimbal.

Thanks
Lance

badbill

I have done two like this and it is absolutely a no brainer. Just center and clamp an X650 bottom plate on the DJI bottom plate, and drill the holes. One screw ends up close to where you have to solder but it doesn't hurt anything.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Attachments

• IMG_8270.jpg
    IMG_8270.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_8273.jpg
    IMG_8273.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 151

boranup

Hi Shui thanks for that looks great, I take it that's the bottom plate of the x650?

Any specifics on what you used to fix it with?

Cheers
Lance

Hi Shui thanks for that looks great, I take it that's the bottom plate of the x650?

Any specifics on what you used to fix it with?

Cheers
Lance

Hi Lance

Yes ….. pretty straight forward about five holes need to be drill on the X650 plate in order to line up with the Dji Plate , to maximize the vibration free i added Grommets between Dji and X650 plates thru the plastic bolts very solid i hope it will work you…..! :)

Shiu