F450 Compass calibration problem

Hi.

I bought a new DJI F450 two weeks ago and a Spektrum DX7s as Tx. I have a full pack with GPS (but no Gimbal).

I have configured the Naza-M v2 with the DJI dedicated software and everything works well in ATTI mode.

I'm able to fly in the ATTI mode and, again, everything works very well. I'm satisfied with the F450 flight behavior.

I have configured the 3-position switch (for the flight modes) and this switch works wells too.
I'm able to switch between the different position.

But have a problem with the GPS mode because I'm not able to calibrate the Compass. In the Assistant software I always get the following ERROR[27] "GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition".

And this message is displayed from the very 1st day.

I think I know the root cause of my problem: it is related to the COMPASS calibration.

I know the process to calibrate it and I have seen many videos about it. So I know how to do it. I have a Phantom 1 and I have done this already. So I know.

But my problem is that I'm not able to enter in the COMPASS calibration process. I never get the LED constantly YELLOW. When I do the switch manipulation it goes from GREEN blinking to constantly GREEN (but no YELLOW).

I have tried do to these steps inside and outside and it didn't work.

I have read many posts on the Web talking about the same problem and the proposed solutions didn't work for me.

Could you please Help ? Thank you !

PS: if you need pictures or print screens, please let me know.

IMU calibration, advanced imu calibr. Wireing too close to FCB or GPS puck, causing magnetic interferences..Recheck everything on Your craft. If none of that works, than return to your dealer as faulty
Cheers,
Nemanja

IMU calibration, advanced imu calibr. Wireing too close to FCB or GPS puck, causing magnetic interferences..Recheck everything on Your craft. If none of that works, than return to your dealer as faulty
Cheers,
Nemanja

I did almost everything regarding the IMU calibration.
Concerning the position of the GPS module, it's difficult for me to say if it is allright or not ! When I see other F450 pictures, I have the feeling that the position is OK.

For your information, find below some pictures of my F450. If you have any comment, please don't hesitate :) Thks. Balanceball

View attachment 18467

Attachments

• F450 - global.jpg
    F450 - global.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 490

You have to make sure your three position switch goes from GPS to ATTI to Manual. Verify that in the Naza Software. Then I believe it is 3 flicks between all three and it should go yellow to start calibration.

I have checked it and my 3-position works, I think, well. See the picture below. Thks. balanceballView attachment 18468

Attachments

• 3-positions switch.jpg
    3-positions switch.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 428

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
The secret to getting into calibration mode is to start with the switch in the manual position, and end in manual. Put it in manual, flip it six or seven times ending in manual. The led should turn yellow, and you don't need to flip it very fast. This has worked for me. Starting and ending in any other position doesn't usually work.

The secret to getting into calibration mode is to start with the switch in the manual position, and end in manual. Put it in manual, flip it six or seven times ending in manual. The led should turn yellow, and you don't need to flip it very fast. This has worked for me. Starting and ending in any other position doesn't usually work.

I have done this manipulation with all the possibilities but it didn't work out.
Finally the DJI support wrote me to send back my GPS AND my NAZA.
This is what I have done and my devices are currently in the "repairing process".
I realy wonder to know the source of my problem.
I will let you know.

Thanks !

BB

Final answer

Good afternoon everyone. I think it could be interesting to share what the problem finaly was: the NAZA-M v2 had a problem. The DJI support changed it and everything is now allright.
It took me less than 15 minutes to set up the new one on the machine and fly. And the GPS mode works !

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your support.

BB