F450 and F550 ARF Enhancements

Tahoe Ed

DJI has announced that at the end of the month they will begin shipping the F450 and F550 ARF kits with the new E300 Propulsion System. The estimates is that this combination will provide an additional 10% in performance over the prior motor/esc combination. The really good news is that the price will stay the same as previously announced. I have a set on my F550 and just upgraded my P2Z. I will be flying tomorrow and report more.

Looking forward to your comments. I noticed that DJI propulsion system is not that bad since they finally figured out how to produce a propeller that doesn't snap in the air.... after denying any propeller problems for months. Hopefully, this new system will keep the good prop recipes...

Tahoe Ed

The props have been on every P2V and P2 since they were introduced. I am still a fan of the 10x3.8 DJI props. They are also tough and provide great performance on 4S systems.

Fatlab

I've a stock 550 running 4S and using the standard 8" props. It's loaded with a H3-2D and VTX gear at around 2.4kg with a 5000mah battery. Would you recommend the 1038 props as a worth while upgrade or just stick with the 8" ones?

Dave

Tahoe Ed

I would try the 10x3.8 props. They work well with 4S. If you can find them you can also try the new 9443 props. DJI has introduced them without the self tightening feature. They work well also.