ESC Programing

JLO

I will be testing new T Motor T40A Pro Esc with T Motor U5 up until now I have been using Maytech ESC with Simonk so I need advice on the settings
any help and advice would be appreciated and of course it will be a big learning and understanding more of how ESC work
Thanks

T-Motor LED ESC Programmer Card

1- Brake Setting

2- Battery Type

3- Low Voltage Protection Mode (Cutoff Mode)

4- Low Voltage Protection Threshold (Cutoff Threshold)

5- Start Mode

6- Timing

7- Governor Mode

8- Motor Type

9- PWM Frequency

10- Built-In BEC Output

11- Motor Load

12- Lipo Cells

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Can't answer all 12 questions and don't have experience with the more sophisticated ESCs but in general this is a start....
1) Brake = off
2) Battery type = NiXX (not LiPo)
3) LV Protection mode = soft cut-off
4) LV Protection threshold = 0 or as low as possible
5) Start mode = Normal
6) Timing = High (but subject to debate by some)
7) Governor mode = off (used for collective pitch Helis only)
8) Motor type = brushless outrunner (likely pancake type c/w # poles if asked)
9) PWM = can't remember!
10) BEC = if you can't buy OPT then BEC needs to be turned off for most FCs. Some FCs have no internal wiring for the power lead from ESCs others do..... and must not be allowed externally.
11) Motor load = (not familiar with that option)
12) LiPo cells = many ESCs determine this automatically otherwise define the number of LiPo cells you will work with.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
JLO,
We have not used the U5 / T40a combo, but do use the U7/T80a combo.
Per T-Motor on our combo, no ESC programming is required. Defaults are where you want them. Only a throttle calibration is required.
I suggest you request T-Motor provide recommended settings for your combo. You may find that default are what they suggest.
Andrew

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Also, Here is the manual for the T80a. I think it covers the full "T" t-motor ESC series.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tmotor T80a manual_Page_1 (Large).jpg
    Tmotor T80a manual_Page_1 (Large).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 664
  • Tmotor T80a manual_Page_2 (Large).jpg
    Tmotor T80a manual_Page_2 (Large).jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,060

JLO

Wow thanks guys I will look in to the manual i just got the Esc's in today and report of the findings

JLO

Hi I finally did my test with the T-motor 40A Pro Esc paired with TM U5 motors flight went well motors started smoothly, no issues what a difference, ESC and Motors where slighty warm after 8 minutes of hover at 22.5 AUW 2x 6S 10k Lipos 52% left on each.
the ESC came programed but I check each one to make sure I only did throttle calibration
Questions:
Timing: it is set now to (middle) if I set it to Higher what are the symptoms if its wrong and what are the symptoms if its right
LIPO it is set to (auto) is it the same if I set it to 6S since that is what Im using
thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
so in looking all this over i'm realizing i'm open to lvc by t-motor esc. Everybody using these on a multi will want to change the setting lipo to nimh... everything else would remain the same unless otherwise told to change something due to the motor

setting timing higher can make more to alot more heat, unless you need more power, i'd leave that on middle unless otherwise told to change it for specific motors. it could also spawn commutation errors.

JLO

Thanks Kloner this Tiger ESC are the only ones that say Pro, have a black label and come in 30A and 40A, with no Bec, what the Pro exactly means who knows they do say Opto so I asume that Opto means they are set up for MR use I check the programing settings on all of the ESC and they where set correctly this bring me to the question why the need for SimonK why is SimonK popular with so many Esc
Thanks again Kloner for your time
by the way I follow your advice on the buck converter it works great