ESC calibration on S-bus

tumad

Hello all.
Not sure if this has been addressed before but how do I go about calibrating the throttle range using an S-bus receiver on a Naza unit?
I do not have the option to connect each ESC to the receiver directly as it only has the S-bus connection. It is a satellite type receiver with only one single S-bus output.

Many thanks to anyone that could help.

kloner

Aerial DP
if these are dji or simonK you don't calibrate a throttle range, it is pre set. if this is any other type, you use the throttle output and calibrate them like normal, if your fancy, you get a 4 into 1 servo wire and calibrate them all at once.

the only cali with a complete dji system is to calibrate the radio in the assistant program and tripple make sure left is left, back is left, etc. read the left side hovering over the rc configuration and the left side explains it all.

tumad

if these are dji or simonK you don't calibrate a throttle range, it is pre set. if this is any other type, you use the throttle output and calibrate them like normal, if your fancy, you get a 4 into 1 servo wire and calibrate them all at once.

the only cali with a complete dji system is to calibrate the radio in the assistant program and tripple make sure left is left, back is left, etc. read the left side hovering over the rc configuration and the left side explains it all.

Hello and thank you

i think you are missing the point or I did not express myself clearly

I cannot connect ecc to correct output Chanel. My receiver only has a single cable (sum) coming out which goes into Naza port. There is no option to connect something into Chanel 3 or where ever.
They are hobbyking esc as an example, not dji ones..

many thanks again

kloner

Aerial DP
so no simonK firmware?

you would need a regular receiver with pwm outputs to calibrate and you would use ch3 to do it from.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
@ Kloner

I have a set of 30A simonk speedies and until I did a throttle calibration on a full throttle climb it used to try and flip over to the back left after a calibration it now goes straight up no trying to flip with no other changes to the quad (QAV400 with tiger 2212-13's)

these ones

http://www.multirotorgear.com/p/8609431/30a-esc-flashed.html

So if they indeed do not need to be calibrated does that mean that they are not in fact Simonk flashed ????

Just wondering as they are a hell of a lot smoother and responsive than other esc's that I own

kloner

Aerial DP
really can't say without being there and seeing it all, but any simonK esc DOES NOT NEED CALIBRATING and if you do calibrate it on a spektrum, you can render them useless until they get calibrated on a futaba...I have built 30 multis with simonK and never calibrated them, from f450's to skyjibs and alot of discos in between..... they fly insane, never a problem

soler

Kloner, are you sure that it is correct the that Simonk ESC does not need calibrating mine certainly did, maybe newer versions don't need this anymore