DX8 mix - help needed

plingboot

Just wondered whether anyone, with a spectrum radio can help me with this:

I'm trying to set-up a mix to force the channel, which controls the WKM flight modes, to move into the failsafe zone. Thus creating a controlled way of using/testing RTH without having to switch the radio off.

I've allocated the function to a two position switch and have been able to create a mix that forces a leftward movement of the mode channel (when looking at the DJI assistant) into the failsafe zone, so if i'm in either M or A flicking the mix switch moves the mode to failsafe. But if i'm in GPS, flicking the switch pushed the arrow out to the left so it's not in GPS mode, but also not in failsafe.

Not sure whether there's a better way to achieve the desired effect.

Any ideas?

Tahoe Ed

This is on a JR9503 but the screens and set up are similar.

View attachment 3346

My Gear channel is set to the Fmode three position switch. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 311

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have been trying to work this out as well..

How often do you fly in manual?

Could you not set it at the other end so If you are in manual it does not activate but in GPS and Ati it will.. I am sure Gunters has done this

Dave

Tahoe Ed

I have a Dx8 in addition to my JR9503. I will play with it and post pictures of the set up screens later today. Still finishing up my F450 for FPV with my Naza and my F550 with the WKM and Data Link. I need to do some wiring for the Eagle Tree OSD Pro and Logger with GPS.

WillM

I'm glad someone posted this question! I do not (yet) own a WK-M, but I've spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how switching between the 3 flight modes could be done with 1 3-way switch, and how to activate Failsafe in all of these modes with only one 2-way switch.

Looking forward to read your findings Ed!

robvree

I use a DX8 with my WKM and have failsafe setup using using the GEAR switch.

The setup is:

- I use the F MODE 3 way switch set to switch between MANUAL, ATTI and GPS flight modes
- I use the GEAR switch to turn on failsafe (0 is OFF, 1 is failsafe)

- Go into your functions menu (by clicking the menu wheel)
- Select MIXING
- In the MIX settings set it to MIX 1
- Setup MIX 1 to:

GER > AX1 (presuming you have your flight mode setup on AUX 1)
Rate: 0%
-49% (this value might be slightly different depending on your setup but you will verify it in the WKM software - this is the value that will move your flight mode setting into the blue failsafe area in the WKM software)
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Sw: On

Now you should be all set to use the GEAR switch to activate failsafe. You must verify this in the software. First make sure your Flight Mode 3 way goes through all the modes correctly. Then verify turning on the gear switch will put your flight mode into failsafe in ALL MODES.

When I use RTH in the field. I make sure I'm in GPS mode and the satellites are locked. Flip the gear switch and watch in amazement. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, to get out of failsafe you need to flip the GEAR switch OFF and then flip the flight mode switch to ATTI. Just turning off the GEAR switch will NOT TURN OFF FAILSAFE.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Very Useful info here.. thanks for posting this

Dave

I use a DX8 with my WKM and have failsafe setup using using the GEAR switch.

The setup is:

- I use the F MODE 3 way switch set to switch between MANUAL, ATTI and GPS flight modes
- I use the GEAR switch to turn on failsafe (0 is OFF, 1 is failsafe)

- Go into your functions menu (by clicking the menu wheel)
- Select MIXING
- In the MIX settings set it to MIX 1
- Setup MIX 1 to:

GER > AX1 (presuming you have your flight mode setup on AUX 1)
Rate: 0%
-49% (this value might be slightly different depending on your setup but you will verify it in the WKM software - this is the value that will move your flight mode setting into the blue failsafe area in the WKM software)
Offset: 0%
Trim: Inh
Sw: On

Now you should be all set to use the GEAR switch to activate failsafe. You must verify this in the software. First make sure your Flight Mode 3 way goes through all the modes correctly. Then verify turning on the gear switch will put your flight mode into failsafe in ALL MODES.

When I use RTH in the field. I make sure I'm in GPS mode and the satellites are locked. Flip the gear switch and watch in amazement. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, to get out of failsafe you need to flip the GEAR switch OFF and then flip the flight mode switch to ATTI. Just turning off the GEAR switch will NOT TURN OFF FAILSAFE.

WillM

Thanks for the info! For what it is worth, that is almost exactly how I have my NAZA setup.

The reason for my question about the WK-M is the picture shown in the WK-M manual. I thought some type of elaborate mixing would be required to pull this off, and was interested in learning how to do it. That said, is this picture accurate or has the software been updated? If the picture is accurate, how does a mix of -49 (or negative anything for the matter) trigger failsafe from GPS mode?

attachment.php

View attachment 3357

Attachments

• WKM_Failsafe.gif
    WKM_Failsafe.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator: