motor axi 2814/22
esc flyfun opto 60a
prop 13x6.5
rx futaba sbus
2x 5000 4s 40/70c fullpower gold
6750gr 8.30 minute of fly

snurre

Good to hear Pablo!
Howver, S-bus setups did not report problem on octo while traditional RX installations did.
/ Tomas

janoots2

I know this thread is for octos but today my hex lost full motor power and dropped from the sky like a rock for no reason at all. Smashed up my rig pretty good and spent a half day rebuilding it. Please DJI look into the power issue!!!!!!!!

HEX junky

Why do you think your power issue is DJI's problem? The power issues appear to be Octo related, Hex works OK as far as I can see. DJI appear to be getting the blame for every issue :dejection:

Last edited by a moderator:

snurre

Well, we cannot say for sure that DJI is to blame, I think investigation is still in progress. But @janoots2 is not the first hexa to fall out of the sky on fw 5.12:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ware-5.12-Update&p=47549&viewfull=1#post47549

@janoot2, maybe you care to provide complete setup info and any circumstances (flight mode / manoeuvres history) of relevance? Is there any video available from that incident?
I suppose you have scrutinized your hardware setup and flying operation to exclude any possibility that the shutdown is not to blame on DJI?

Again, I think the lack of transparency and communication from DJI on this matter breeds speculations, rumours and paranoia.

janoots2

Thanks droider. I cannot 100% say it was actually dji's firmware that caused the outage, but i do think it is a little coincidental that this never happened to my rig before after over 100 flights with 5.02 only. I do have video, but the camera lost its data of the last 10 seconds before the cutoff, im assuming due to the impact. I was filming a golf course so my maneuvers were very simple, take off, gain some altitude, pitch the gimbal down and fly directly forward. I was in gps mode. About 30 seconds in and approx 75' up the motors simply stopped. When i recovered my rig i still had full power to the wkm, but my cord was disconnected from my power distribution board. I can only ASSUME this happened during impact, especially since it fell on its back end where my battery is held and where the grunt of the impact was. Therefore i cannot 100% say the firmware was at fault, but its a tight dean's connection and i check it before every flight. My config that i was flying is below in my signature. I believe my gains are 200,200,200, 155 Att: 135 I rebuilt and test flew last night and all seems well. I have to finish the course today, so fingers crossed...

janoots2

Finished up the course today without any issues. Here's looking to the future since 5.12 does fly beautifully...

Cbergen

Successfully flew an octo, using traditional Rx, "I" formation, on 5.12a, on Saturday.

Tested the RTH switch and IOC POI. A few gain adjustments and all worked perfectly for a flight of appx 15 minutes.

I previously crashed this Octo when I allowed the batteries to run down a bit, setting off the second voltage protection (descending) and my Helicopter Pilot fingers pulled the throttle stick down to perform an auto...:( This was on 5.10. I replaced the few broken parts (a boom and parts of the camera mount), upgraded to 5.12 and test flew it with no issues.

THEN I hear there's a problem with 5.12..:dejection: lol

geoffreyb

dji 5.12 flip and crash

i experienced an octo flip today
the craft was flying its waypoint, the craft was then instructed to go home
5 seconds later this happend

anyone know if the 5.12a has this problem

skyjib x8
tigermotors mt3515
turnigy 80 amp
thunderpower 6s
dji wookong M 5 waypoints 5.12
graupner mx20
graupner gr 24

using standard receiver config https://vimeo.com/46299005

Aviator

i experienced an octo flip today
the craft was flying its waypoint, the craft was then instructed to go home
5 seconds later this happend

anyone know if the 5.12a has this problem

skyjib x8
tigermotors mt3515
turnigy 80 amp
thunderpower 6s
dji wookong M 5 waypoints 5.12
graupner mx20
graupner gr 24

using standard receiver config

https://vimeo.com/46297216
Geoff were you using 5.12 or 5.12a?
There is a definate problem with Octo traditional receiver and 5.12. It has caused many crashes.. Nearly me included, but I have been testing 5.12a and not found any real problems yet? altough I haven`t tested waypoints as I dont have a data radio?

geoffreyb

Geoff were you using 5.12 or 5.12a?
There is a definate problem with Octo traditional receiver and 5.12. It has caused many crashes.. Nearly me included, but I have been testing 5.12a and not found any real problems yet? altough I haven`t tested waypoints as I dont have a data radio?

hi

im glad to hear that 5.12a has not caused you any problems.
were you flying in gps mode when you expeirenced your problems, what did you do?

i am using 5.12 , not 5.12a

you guys think its better to update to 5.12a instead of flying 5.12

Aviator

hi

im glad to hear that 5.12a has not caused you any problems.
were you flying in gps mode when you expeirenced your problems, what did you do?

i am using 5.12 , not 5.12a

you guys think its better to update to 5.12a instead of flying 5.12
Geoff there is a bug in the 5.12 firmware that has caused lots of problems for Octo users with traditional receiver.. Which is why 5.12a was released you really must upgrade to 5.12a or downgrade to 5.08? 5.08 has been very good no problems.. 5.12a is new with more features, but is still early days? but so far I believe it to be safe, and would encourage others to use it, if they are interested in the new features? but steer well clear of 5.12 if you are using Octo and traditional receiver

Shazy

Hi Aviator, Ive been going through this thread very intensively ,,,,,and after reading such horror issues ...I am scared a lot......It would be highly appreciable if any one can guide or help me out on setting up new OCTA CoAxial gain and transmitters settings etc, as i am new to the wookong platform , I fly MK but due to its BL Limitations i have to switch to DJi. My Hardware is as follows
1. Co axial Octa frame Onxystar XL Booms
2. Dual Sky XM5060EA-7 405v
3. 80 Amps Esc
4. XOAR 16.8 Props
5. 6250 6s Lipos 4 in Parallel
6. Dji wookong M Controller with FW 5.12
7. Traditional JR 9 Channel RX

Please advise should i switch to a S-Bus receiver or a traditional RX is ok if a Degrade my FW to 5.08 with Assistance Software 1.6

Also would be looking at for your advise regarding some calculations of the Gain settings for the same .

If any TX setting are to be done with EXP plz advise too...