DJI with Graupner question

modular46

Is anyone using a Wookong or A2 with the graupner PPM signal? I am using a MX20 and have one small question that is baffling me. I have a new install with Wookong and I am testing the copters response controls with the copter weighed down by sand bags with just a little bit of slack so I can see the copters movements. One thing that is not making any sense to me is that for me to get the copter to actually roll left I have to set it up in the software so that Aileron slider goes right and vice versa. I can get the copter to roll left when I stick left and the same with the right roll but only if the Aileron slider in the software is reversed. Meaning that if I stick left with roll the slider goes to the right, and when I stick right with roll the slider goes to the left. Everything else is correct. Nick forward and backward is correct, throttle is correct, and yaw is correct. At first I was thinking I had the motors wired wrong but I am positive they are wired in the order of 6,5,4,3,2,1,8,7 from top to bottom.

So the copter is responding the commands like it should but only if the roll slider is reversed of what you would think. I am using SUMO 8 and have the cable coming out of servo 8 on the receiver.

Anyone have any idea?

modular46

Sorry I don't think my issue was described clearly. I can reverse the channel in the radio or simple switch from norm to rev however that doesn't change what I am seeing in the assistant software where it moves from the center to one side of the roll. From my understanding when the slider moves from the center to the left the controller is going to command the copter to roll left and vice versa to the right. I am not seeing this. See the picture to illustrate what I mean.

When I move the stick from center to right, the copter is physically rolling to the left (when up and running in flight) when the slider is actually moving to the right as indicated in this picture.
View attachment 22050

When I move the stick from center to right, My copter is physically rolling to the right (when up and running in flight) when the slider is actually moving to the left in this picture
View attachment 22051

Attachments

• djiroll2.png
    djiroll2.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 237
  • djiroll1.png
    djiroll1.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 234

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
it sounds like the Wookong IMU is pointing backwards

just a guess but take a look at it.

modular46

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem. I wired the motors 1-8 counter clock wise instead of clockwise. I was assuming it was the same direction as Mikrokopter.