DJI NAZA V2 with Turnigy 9x Transmitter - PROBLEMS & PROBLEMS

dan123

Andy,

I have adjusted the hold settings, I now get 1 green and three red in GPS mode which suggest poor signal, I tried a different location and this has now changed to 1 green and 1 red :D and I know have 1 orange and 1 red in Atti mode . Happy days!

I have tried to calibrate the compass as shown in the manual and on youtube videos. The horizontal calibration works fine and the light changes to green. I then proceed to do the horizontal calibration and the light starts to flash red which shows it has failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

AndyPG

Ok,

So just to double check, you rotate the quad 360deg with it horizontal and get a solid green.
You then point the front of the quad to the ground and and rotate it around a vertical axis.
ie, you simply hold the quad and and walk in a little circle around it.
There's no need to mess about passing it from hand to hand, just do both the calibrations holding the quad and spin your body around to perform the rotation.

So, forgetting GPS mode for a minute, Are you able to lift off in Atti mode yet?

Andy.

AndyPG

Make sure you calibrate the compass away from large metal objects and sources of interference (including mains cables)
Remember, the Naza can take a little while to grab 7+ satellites but it usually happens within 30 secs but can take a couple of minutes in some locations.
My Naza finds 10/11 satellites in a few seconds if I'm out in the middle of nowhere but in my garden near all the houses etc its much slower and usually finds less.
Successful compass calibration also seems to speed up the process.

Andy

dan123

I have tried to calibrate exactly how it says to do it, same way as you said and it still does not work on the vertical.

Maybe I should try to calibrate it in a different location as my garden does not seem to work.

In atti mode I am unable to get lift off.
I followed the Combination Stick Commands to start the motor but nothing happens?
I have tried both to the left, both to the right, and opposite directions and pointing together in the bottom corner. All with no effect.

Thanks again.

dan123

UPDATE - I have managed to calibrate the compass after walking around to find the perfect spot in my garden! 5 attempts later and it works!

Unfortunately I still can not get this thing to start the motors and fly! :( SO CLOSE!!!

AndyPG

This is usually calibration error on your sticks.

Plug into assistant again and check all the A E R & T stick cursors are all in the middle and happy.

Andy.

AndyPG

So,
Your tx sticks are calibrated in Assistant.
Your 3 position switch is moving the cursor to dead middle of each mode band in Assistant.
Your Battery is good.
You have Lipo power to your ESC's (check this if you have a multimeter)
Your ESC signal wires are all plugged into Naza. (make sure the brown (white in the case of Afro's) wires are at the top!!!)

Andy.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyPG

If all your hardware works with the other FC, you should be good to go.
It's got to be stick calibration.
Are you putting it in calibrate mode and moving the sticks to every corner of the tx?
When you arm the quad, are you holding the sticks down fully and into the corners as shown in the manual?
Are you using the Naza PMU?

Andy.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
^^^+1. And making sure that the sub trims (the physical ones on the radio) are at center position before doing calibration?

dan123

New batteries gone in to the Turnigy 9x reading 11.7v on the screen
Lipo has 11.30v according to the Naza assistant
I have put it in calibrate mode and calibrated as your meant to and yes made sure they are in the center position before doing the calibration.

I am arming as you are meant to according to the manual and videos. (Nothing happens)

I am using the PMU that came with the NAZA v2 gps package.

Still not working and ideas?

AndyPG

Hi Dan,

I'm clutching at straws now.

Are you aware that if you are using the PMU, you only need the signal wire connected from your ESC's to the Naza.
Point being, the ESC's BEC is not required and indeed can cause problems.
It is only necessary to disconnect one of the BEC wires (i.e the red one) to stop the BEC working.

I'm not too hopeful that this is stopping you from running but it should be done anyway.

If this doesn't work, the only other thing I can suggest is giving me a bell tomorrow and we'll talk through that stick calibration.
That will be the only thing left.
I've sent you my number.

Andy.

jbrumberg

Dan- Have you checked your end points as well as the subtrim in the transmitter menu? This is "not right" for what you are experiencing.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There seems to have been no clarification of whether the sub-trims have been centered before the assistant cal.

This would be key before doing anything.

AndyPG

Hey Dan,
I've just noticed, that Lipo looks low. If it's showing 11.3v in assistant with no load its nearly flat.
Should be well over 12v when fully charged.
Also, check you battery protection in assistant. Turn it off while we sort this out to eliminate any intervention it may be having.
Andy.