DJI Naza GPS Pricinig

philg

I`ve just put a pre order in with Foxtech $190 minus a $22 rebate on check out for $168. Not sure why they did that but I don`t really care,it`s loads cheaper postal wise than buying from the US etc for us living in Australia.

RCNut

I'd hold your order if I was you. The Naza GPS doesn't work in Australia. DJI are working on it, but the initial release is already being shipped and won't work here. It appears to be the same issue as the Wookong GPS.

RCNut

I'm holding off until I hear the all clear from testers in Australia. I know of a couple of guys who are testing both the WKM and Naza GPS's here, both of which have the problem. At this stage I have no idea if the problem can be fixed with a software update but I do know that those who are testing with unsatisfactory results are being sent replacement GPS units rather than software updates. For this reason Id hate to get stuck with some hardware that cant be updated. Having said that I'm sure Sidney would do the right thing if someone bought a unit early that wasn't yet compatible with Australia.

Time will tell but I suspect we will know all in a few weeks.

skivvie

If the naza gets all these thing. Why should i buy a wookong? I buyed a wookong for a lost of money just to find out 3 months later that the much cheaper naza will do the same. I feel ****ed.

Can anyone answer this? Other than waypoint stuff which I have no use for, what is the WKM have over the Naza with GPS?

RCNut

I believe the Wookong will also get additional features through a software upgrade and will be promoted for high end commercial applications while the Naza targets hobbyists and FPV fliers. If you're not into commercial filming and automated UAV functions then the Naza with GPS is all you need for hobby flying.

I think its a good move by DJI. There are plently of Nazas out there and most Naza owners wouldn't upgrade to a Wookong because of the cost. Now DJI will sell a s**t load of GPS's to Naza users who would otherwise not have spent any more money upgrading to Wookong, at the loss of only a small number of potential Wookong buyers.

skivvie

Thanks for the reply. I just wasted hours of my life wading through the muck on the RCG post. Looking forward to seeing what gets added to my WKM.

I am pretty excited about the GPS for the NAZA but I can't tell if I need anything else besides the GPS to actually use it. Do I need their software? I did try to find this answer elsewhere. Thanks

RCNut

There'll be a new version of the Naza Assistant but as far as I know, no-one who has been testing has needed to do any firmware changes on their Naza. I believe Tahoe Ed has tested one so maybe he can comment?

RCNut

For those not following the threads on other forums, the Naza GPS appears to have been successfully tested in Aus and is arriving at dealers right now. We should start to see reports from new owners over the next week or so. Looking forward to getting one.

Tahoe Ed

Hey guys, just got back from the field. The wind finally died down so I could fly. Wow, all I can say is that this is a different GPS than I had before! I was 1 of 2 of the original 19 testers that had an issue. The software that I was running was pure beta, no IOC, no RTH, none of it. That may have been part of the problem, I don't know. What I do know is that the new GPS that I have now is really good. I am running the newest version of the software that you can all download now. I was by myself and was flying and shooting video with my iPhone, not well I might add, but I have some that I will edit and share. What I really found amazing was that while I have my GPS mounted on one of the F450 arms, I experienced no TBE. I actually was expecting some and the need to remount the GPS on a mast. Not going to happen now. The other thing which I think I got on camera was the ability of this controller to yaw in almost the same spot. I had the rudder at max and it just sat there and spun. I have never had a controller that would do that. The best I got was a piro around a point with a foot diameter circle. I hope it shows in the video. I also noticed that the altitude hold is better FFF. The Naza would drop or rise depending on the direction you were traveling and the orientation. It is much better now. I know that there much better pilots out there that will really be able to put the Naza to the test, but for me it is very good and my old man style of flying.

llbr22

Hey guys, just got back from the field. The wind finally died down so I could fly. Wow, all I can say is that this is a different GPS than I had before! I was 1 of 2 of the original 19 testers that had an issue. The software that I was running was pure beta, no IOC, no RTH, none of it. That may have been part of the problem, I don't know. What I do know is that the new GPS that I have now is really good. I am running the newest version of the software that you can all download now. I was by myself and was flying and shooting video with my iPhone, not well I might add, but I have some that I will edit and share. What I really found amazing was that while I have my GPS mounted on one of the F450 arms, I experienced no TBE. I actually was expecting some and the need to remount the GPS on a mast. Not going to happen now. The other thing which I think I got on camera was the ability of this controller to yaw in almost the same spot. I had the rudder at max and it just sat there and spun. I have never had a controller that would do that. The best I got was a piro around a point with a foot diameter circle. I hope it shows in the video. I also noticed that the altitude hold is better FFF. The Naza would drop or rise depending on the direction you were traveling and the orientation. It is much better now. I know that there much better pilots out there that will really be able to put the Naza to the test, but for me it is very good and my old man style of flying.

Thanks for the Report Ed. Ordering the GPS for my Naza now, and I'll try my best to fly the snot out of it :)

tstrike

pendejo grande
I ordered one from Rob@uavproducts along with another naza so I don't have to gut my 450, I'm psyched! Plus I moved up to a dx8 from a dx6i so i'll have a little room to play.
You think you'll ever try it on a hex? thanks!-tom

Tahoe Ed

Hi Tom, I am not sure. Right now I have the YS-X6 on my hexa and I am still playing with it. I don't think I will ever move it to my S800. :tennis:

Here is a short video that I shot as it was getting dark tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

meme

Hi Tom, I am not sure. Right now I have the YS-X6 on my hexa and I am still playing with it. I don't think I will ever move it to my S800. :tennis:

Here is a short video that I shot as it was getting dark tonight.

Thanks for the Report, Ed!
Mine is on the Way an will be mounted on the TBS Discovery. As i fly a lot FPV without GPS- OSD on the Copter it will be great to have a RTH when i got lost. Thrilled to activate Failsafe 1 mile away and watching trough the Fatshark what will happen :)

-meme

Last edited by a moderator:

plingboot

that yaw test is very impressive, can't get anywhere close to that with my WKM in gps hold.

pre-ordered with quadcopters as soon as it was announced, so looking forward to receiving it…