DJI IOSD Mini and RMA issue

Visvid

London Newbie
As a last resort I am hoping that someone will be able to suggest a route for me on here.. Here goes.. Had some issues with my Zenmuse and Can Bus which were all sorted very quickly by my UK supplier (Brilliant service) Connect everything back up and the IOSD mini no longer works and prevents output from my camera. Take the IOSD Mini out of the equation and everything works again.

OK so I have Identified that my IOSD has failed, I have also noticed that it is extremely hot to the touch. On the rear of the unit there is a very slight dent, almost as though the plastic has started to melt ! I purchased this unit in Singapore, from a DJI dealer, whilst there with my work so a local resolution in the UK would be preferable as the products are sold worldwide. I have tried to contact the Singapore store to no avail. I sent the Unit to DJI in Germany with a covering letter explaining everything but yesterday I received the unit back with a one sentence letter saying we cannot look at your Issue without an RMA.. OK rules and procedures yes but this is just stupid. So now I have a dead IOSD Mini with no option other than to pay more good money, I realise that the unit is not expensive but I have now made a decision not to throw any more good money at DJI until certain areas of there Business are sorted mainly Customer Service. A decision made not based purely on this IOSD issue. In the last 4 Months I have only had one clear month where something has either not failed or developed a fault and for a rig that has had 'No' crashes and only a Total of 4hrs flying time its not confidence building. £50 yes but this is now a matter of principal which I am not prepared to retract on.

As I said my UK supplier is extremely helpful and has managed to get all of my other problems sorted with DJI hardware and software issues being the cause. Yes I have learnt a lesson by purchasing from a non UK supplier but surely I should be able to get some recourse from DJI. I'm sure that my UK supplier would willingly help but DJI issues have all but used up most of my nine lives with them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. rant over
icon_e_wink.gif