DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Naza-M

DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Naza-M, Naza-M V2 and Phantom customers.The major differences between v3.12 and v3.10 firmware are as below. Please log into DJI website for more information!

FIRMWARE

*Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function.
*Fix the problem of transmitter mid point deviation and travel asymmetry. Add mid point checking when power on, if there is too much deviation of mid point, motor start fails and LED indicator flashes Red to warn you.
*Optimize stop motor in Intelligent Mode, the criterion of stopping motor changes from under 40% throttle stick to under 10%.

SOFTWARE

*Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function on the Basic->RC tab.

DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Naza-M, Naza-M V2 and Phantom customers.The major differences between v3.12 and v3.10 firmware are as below. Please log into DJI website for more information!

FIRMWARE

*Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function.
*Fix the problem of transmitter mid point deviation and travel asymmetry. Add mid point checking when power on, if there is too much deviation of mid point, motor start fails and LED indicator flashes Red to warn you.
*Optimize stop motor in Intelligent Mode, the criterion of stopping motor changes from under 40% throttle stick to under 10%.

SOFTWARE

*Add Receiver Advanced Protection Function on the Basic->RC tab.

CrashMaster

Yes and the new firmware works fine except if you use a stabilisation gimbal. The pitch and roll do not work and the manual pitch is reduced to 30 degrees as before I had 120 degrees. Completely unusable as a AP platform so reverted back to old firmware agian and reported data to DJI.
The gimbal settings were not trashed in the previous update so they have obviously altered something they should not have in this release.

CrashMaster

They may have fixed the midpoint issue but now calibration is not posible and gimbal stabilisation is completely broken.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I loaded on to two Naza's, both gimbals are fine and calibration worked fine, the second unit I did have to try twice before it loaded properly though.

DennyR

Yes and the new firmware works fine except if you use a stabilisation gimbal. The pitch and roll do not work and the manual pitch is reduced to 30 degrees as before I had 120 degrees. Completely unusable as a AP platform so reverted back to old firmware agian and reported data to DJI.
The gimbal settings were not trashed in the previous update so they have obviously altered something they should not have in this release.

Ha, so they did not see that, whatever next. "Safety is no accident" just became "safety is no upgrade from DJI". OR did they simply increase the rez. and you now have to respan the calibration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fico

olemil thanks! that worked out!
so i installed the new firmware, all green light it flew very well for 10 minutes then i tried 180º rudder turns on full stick, major glitch followed by crash. One arm obliterated.... the "crack" noise was like snapping a bone!

pinpoint that DJI! happy to be another of your testers at my own expense...

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I had no issues with the 3.10, so I am wondering if I should upgrade mine to the 3.12 and risk messing it up?

Fico

I changed the broken arm and it did it again! another arm and a esc to ashes! keep what you have! since i updated to 3.12 this morning I am having a very expensive day

Olemil

Fico, you are welcome and sorry about your crashes!! Damn guess I'll be staying with 3.10 for the time being, that sucks a new update and more beta testing for us!!!!

CrashMaster

Next there will be a disclaimer..... Oh there already was.
No matter what you do or what you say or what damage or injury is caused by using our kit you are personally liable and not us.... Ho by the way there is no refund or replacement for any defective kit or kit damaged by our incompetence.
By clicking install you agree to the above terms and conditions.

NB. Now we have your money you can't have it back no matter what

cpmboy

Ok, this is what I did just now,

1.Upgraded to 3.12 fw
2. Use all the old values with intelligent mode.
3. And.....I can't make it start (csc)........the LED are blinking yellow (fast) on all 3 modes (att/gps/manual)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Continuous yellow blinking usually means loss of Tx signal, try rebinding.

Or it may mean you have to redo your switch positions because it is in failsafe mode.

Have you done a full re-calibration and checked all your switch positions?

Pete

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
This is exactly why I am not upgrading, DJI want us to test this crap at our expense..... This is BS people have to keep feeding money for a flawed product.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Other than 3.10 being a bit slow to arm I have not had a problem with the new firmware, currently running version 3.12 and happy so far in ATTI and manual mode, will try and get out this afternoon and test GPS modes including RTH, HL and CL.

Pete

cpmboy

re-setting/re-test/re-everything commencing now....wish me luck......oww btw...as in 1.8 assist, you have to write( save) all your setups values . Is there such an option in 2.12, myb I missed something there?

Last edited by a moderator: