DJI Flight Controller - pricey but impressive

jes1111

There's some video somewhere of Peabody launching a CC quad that way too. "Landing" the same way is not recommended! :)

DennyR

jes
The manual states that the stick input in manual control is caged at 150deg/sec which would explain the great level of stability. but if it were using a 150deg/sec gyro then that launch would in all probability have saturated? Something clever going on.

Borneoben

Yes there is

Look at page 7 of the maual

You can either have one of the arms pointing forward or a V between the arms pointing forward

Down Load the manual from HERE

Hope that helps

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
thanks, I would have been very surprised if they didnt have that config. On that note I am surprised they made something for the AP market yet didnt make a unit with at least 10 outputs for an octo with 2 axis gimbal. But I am sure it is coming.

DennyR

The last flight demo showing the wind sock demonstrates a stability level way beyond what I have ever seen from MK.

Hovering in still air is one thing but in turbulent 12 knots is something else. Lets see some comparisons!!!

CC is also pretty good as is the latest code AC 2.0.41 from DIYDrones. and Multipilot 32.

My money is on CC Pro-INS but we will have to wait and see. GPS is not accurate enough.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Here's a good example of the stability of the WKM in autolevel mode with vario altitude control. Completely raw unaltered video uploaded directly to Youtube from the GoPro memory card, plus there's no roll compensation on the mount due to the roll servo seizing up when it died yesterday, only the tilt axis is working. I can barely do video this smooth with both axis working on the new AV130 under the Droidworx A6...

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

ovdt

Here's a good example of the stability of the WKM in autolevel mode with vario altitude control. Completely raw unaltered video uploaded directly to Youtube from the GoPro memory card, plus there's no roll compensation on the mount due to the roll servo seizing up when it died yesterday, only the tilt axis is working. I can barely do video this smooth with both axis working on the new AV130 under the Droidworx A6...

Ken

Ken, I'm very impressed by the smoothness. I hope I get similar results with my W-M setup.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
dude, you better tighten something up or your going to end up with parts flying all over the place.

Its the GoPro rattling in its case, they all do that after a while. Couple dozen hours of flight time with that noise and everything is still intact...

Ken

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
dont get it whats going on ? Wookong - H is new hardware or new features. concerning the non lite version ?

[h=1]New Product Announcement[/h]
10th October, 2011

HOME > New Product Announcement
DJI Innovations is proud to introduce two new products in the coming weeks. We continue to expand our product line covering high end AP and hobby segments in helicopter and multi-rotor platforms.

After releasing WooKong Helicopter and WooKong Multi-rotor flight control systems in July and August. To further enhance these products, the followings will be available soon. We will inform our dealer product specifications shortly afterward.
  • WooKong Multi Ground Station View and Click & Go utilize 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz data link, customer can choose one of two.
  • WooKong-H Lite: a competitively priced version without GPS while maintaining self leveling, altitude hold and two flight modes.
  • WooKong-H: improved version with built in semi-auto take off/landing. Existing owners will be able to upgrade through on-line firmware update.
Pricing and availability will be announced shortly. We appreciate your support.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/Announcement.php