DJI A2 Fail crash

cutter

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had a craft with A2 go into an uncontrollable wobble and crash recently.
The craft fly perfectly then all of a sudden a wobble{ no inputs make a difference, even changing to att mode or failsafe } then yaw and come down.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Have video? Usually going to Att mode recovers just about every problem with the A2. Sounds like a motor, ESC, or possibly a wiring problem popped up. How bad was the wobble and did it ever do anything similar before?

cutter

Hi Bartman, have checked motors and esc's, think its more of a gps glitch that freezes the imu ? , went into a wobble then spin, not the first one that's done it. just need to know if anyone else has had the same issue.

Bartman

are you using the original GPS puck or has it been replaced with the GPS Pro Plus from DJI? Latest firmware?

cutter

1 was brand new pro and others were the standards, all genuine dji parts, one with latest firmware from 1.8 assistant, one with 1.6 and latest was with 1.4 assistant. All three flew perfectly and well tested with no issues (commercial operations craft )

Bartman

have you been able to access the log files? as i recall with the A2 there were issues with GPS satellites going from many to none in no time, this is something that would show up in the log files although i haven't tried that myself. there are a lot of threads here about those problems but you're the first to report it in a while.

cutter

Hi, I have been through the data logs, been sent off as well, looks like there are a few over here doing it. there has been over 10 have the same thing happen over here. something to do with swamping gps signals and a2 not being able to cope with it ? is definitely a gps issue from what I can tell, just seems like it confuses the a2 and it locks up while processing. After there is no sign or affect, flew one of the crashed a2's yesterday and its normal. One of the times one went a little wobbly there was a satellite count of 19 { never seen that many and it did a wobble but was able to catch it }

deluge2

Hi Bartman, have checked motors and esc's, think its more of a gps glitch that freezes the imu ? , went into a wobble then spin, not the first one that's done it. just need to know if anyone else has had the same issue.
Edit: Question already addressed...