CX WKM Build

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Guys just tested the 13 6.5 CF 14 grams on the CX http://www.aerobot.com.au/shop/all-products/51-aerobot-13x65-carbon-fiber-propeller-set-v2.html.
Was only flying indoor but in a tight room so i can see already how the bird is dealing with the turbulences and the ground effect when i let it hover close above the ground and its making a very good impression for now !

The props themselve or not of 100% good quality not comparable to the MK Cf props or the Mejlik forgot the name :) bu exceptable. Didn't even test if they are balanced yet. But i think the light weight speaks for them !

Boris

tkeeg

CX-4 with WK-M & Modified ESC's

Here is a short video clip, (shot with a helmet mounted camcorder), of my CX-4 during flight stability testing using reprogrammed, Maytech ESC's modified with the SimonK firmware for the ATmega8 microprocessors.
Video is best viewed switching to the 1080p HD viewing setting.

Regards,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Impressed by the performance of WKM with KW4 and 13 6.5 props. Wind medium to high and i think the results are acceptable no post or gimbal stabilization.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Texrotor

To tkeeg as Jackie Gleason would say "how sweet it is " now your post was a year ago,can I have an update on this build ? Thank you!

tkeeg

To Texrotor: The only thing that has changed since I made that post over a year ago is that in May of 2012 I swapped out the ESC's and put in the Castle Creations Phoenix 25amp ESC's, utilizing their new multi-rotor firmware. I have literally hundreds of hours of flight time on my CX-4 and it still flies perfectly every time! Oh, and I now use the Xoar 12x5 electric wooden props.