Current Firmware Question

Michael64

Hey Guys Iam still running 1.11 Assistant and 4.0 Firmware. Question is if I decide to update which Assistant and which firmware are stable with no issues other than the ones that needs fixing. Mine is flying fine was just wondering if I should upgrade or just keep what I have installed. Any opinions with experience with newer software/firmware would be much appreciated.

Michael64

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey Guys Iam still running 1.11 Assistant and 4.0 Firmware. Question is if I decide to update which Assistant and which firmware are stable with no issues other than the ones that needs fixing. Mine is flying fine was just wondering if I should upgrade or just keep what I have installed. Any opinions with experience with newer software/firmware would be much appreciated.

Michael64

As the saying goes, if it isn't broken, don't fix it! I have the latest 5.02 loaded on both of my WKM and it works well but still wobbly in the wind, I also have the Assistant software for the older versions but I don't know if the firmware is for those is still up on the DJI servers. That's one thing I really do not like about the DJI, the inability to have a copy of the firmware so it could be reloaded anywhere if the need arose without having to worry about an Internet connection but that's an entirely different subject...

If I were in your position I'd leave it as is for now, there is rumor of a new release coming soon that will have a "fix" for large multi stability issues and possibly even with enhancements for hex and octo to be able to continue flying after the loss of a motor. I would think the new release will coincide with the shipments of the first batches of the S800 as I doubt they will fly any different than what we've seen large frames do so far without a firmware fix.

As soon as it's avaliable I'll have the new firware loaded on my testbed frame WKM and if checks out then it will go into the WKM on the Cinestar.

Ken

Dewster

I second that! There's a lot to be said about not fixing things that aren't broke. I would only upgrade/update the firmware if it added some really cool features or fixed a problem that I identified. My goal is just to have a craft that flies great and one that I don't feel the need to tweak.