Cheap 5D gimbal

Bowley

Hi Bowley, happy to help you ;) i'd like to see some videos

I can suggest one more improvement, just in the case you will need to improve even more the performances, you should use aluminium linkages or bigger plastic linkages, more you make the connections rigid and more you reduce eventual jittering

one more improvement you can make is to have the linkage elements work more perpendicular, in your pictures i can see that they dont work aligned to the servo, this could produce problems in stability

wich electronics do yuo have? MK or Dij?

Hi Anaka, just noticed your reply there, it slipped by me.
Thanks for your suggestions,
I eventually managed to get some spare parts for the gimbal so I have gone back to using roll gears.

anaka

hi bowley i'll be curious to see some videos ;)

hi thomb, the new model with pots looks well done, can you tell you impressions?
have some videos mado with it?

this model looks very good..i'm really tempted to buy one, and probably i'm not the only one :D

Bowley

I have only been using this mount for AP Anaka. never used it for video beyond testing it out in the garden. closest I've come to anything usable was way back when I was using the XA FC1212 AHRS once I had changed out the roll servo for a savox and dialled up the refresh rate as suggested by Colorado Bob. It was a fairly calm day but the video was still jittery. I actually find it works best with really low gains, lose the level horizon but it doesnt jitter as much.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ft-USA/page5&highlight=xaircraft+camera+mount

Thomb

hi bowley i'll be curious to see some videos ;)

hi thomb, the new model with pots looks well done, can you tell you impressions?
have some videos mado with it?

this model looks very good..i'm really tempted to buy one, and probably i'm not the only one :D

dont have it yet will post some pics when i have it. will make some improvements and need to make it fit a droidworx rail with 360 pan and a custom landinggear

Last edited by a moderator:

anaka

if these videos are raw data from 5D they look good!
the price is really good, quality as well..can't waith to see more!

hexacop

HexaCop
I can't imagine the videos are raw data, I gave up to tune the gimbal and sold it again, it did not work as expected.
The quality is really poor, he is using the cheapest plastic, very weak and definitely not suitable for a heavy camera like a 5D.
Poor screws, none of the screws is secured, the gears are self made by him, even there he is not using an industrial quality gear.
The servos he is using are not usable at all and I have doubts the gimbals he has got now with external pots will work much better.

anaka

I can't imagine the videos are raw data, I gave up to tune the gimbal and sold it again, it did not work as expected.
The quality is really poor, he is using the cheapest plastic, very weak and definitely not suitable for a heavy camera like a 5D.
Poor screws, none of the screws is secured, the gears are self made by him, even there he is not using an industrial quality gear.
The servos he is using are not usable at all and I have doubts the gimbals he has got now with external pots will work much better.

i'm very sad for what you say hexacop..
let's waith and see some feedbacks about this new model :|

Sebas600

So I've returned my old one and got something back.
Not what he said it would be.

No pot on the roll.
So now made that myself.
what is nice is the alphagel block under the camera butttttt when doing a shot down your cam can go down as well!
It's not secure at all and needs modifying as all the stuff.
The servo's are wayyyyyy to slow! he used high torque servo's! but you need ultra fast.
And than combined it with the large gears! useless.
Takes only 6 volts not 7,4
He gives no service what so even and is slow and unfriendly in all communications if you ever get anything back at all.

He has a new "pro" one.

But hey! it's still cheap

Sebas600

Changed out the hitec servo's for savöx!
The hitec do not work with wkm. Bouncey as £#$¥ and so totally useless.

The new savöx work flawless, no jitter and bounce, but not fast enough on 6v and will try 7,2v tomorrow

Was told my gps will be back soon, after way to long....

Hope to get some footage then. (About time...)