buy naza or apm 2.5

flitelab

sdow, can't really see a clear view of your props on your Youtube vid but they appear to be all counter clockwise....???

As best I could see in his video the props appear to be correct and turning the proper direction.

My guess is at this point is is that he is running 4S on high kv motors with what looks like 10" props on a very light frame setup and it is way too overpowered even at idle as a result.

sdow

i think that is true flitelab ....if I change my motors ... can you offer me some engines with my setup. I looked IPower.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I agree that if you're totally new to this, and have never flown anything, or don't know anything about controls, the Naza is probably better to start out with. The only exception to that is maybe if you were to buy a RTF APM quadcopter where it's already tuned, or you use all the standard parts and don't need to do any tuning. But learning to tune, and learning to fly *at the same time* is almost impossible.

Plus APM is 8 bit hardware, using Arduino interface and its old technology.

This really isn't a very valid criticism. The Apollo missions had less processing power than APM. It's not about the size of your processor, it's how you use it. ;)

flitelab

i think that is true flitelab ....if I change my motors ... can you offer me some engines with my setup. I looked IPower.

What size props and lipo are you using now?

If your using 4S can you possibly try 3S or drop down in prop size? I can certainly suggest some motors but might be worth trying to see if you can make what you have work first.

flitelab

I'd see if you can try a 3S or fop down to 8" props on the 4S. With your current setup it is overpowered and I think your main issue.