Building first drone and new to this

Hoki

Im not sure about vibration though. I may add a tiny bit more tape so it doesn't rest directly on the screws if i can in case that causes vibration.

Hoki

Im still gonna make the wires shorter and remount things straighter and more secure. I just did it real rough to make surr i got it wired right.

Hoki

Oh oh oh. My camera and transmitter just came in! But the camera is on this circuit board thats a bit to wide to fit where the camera goes so i donno

Hoki

Or u can just mount it right in front but then itll stick out like a lense nose and itll be like straight. For some reason when its where its supposed to be its tilted up

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
A slight tilt up is not a bad thing. When your MR is flying forward it tilts down. Do you wanna see where you're going or the ground?

Chalagi

Most board cameras have an edge that can be trimmed off but I see that your camera does not have that type of edge

Hoki

Holy nut butts. I was soldering the wires shorter and decided to put o the connector just make the wires real short and all was going good til i was testing the rotations and i guess sine of the **** was touching cause my esc started on fire then i noticed another escs wire was cut somehow so now im like holy cow so i just ordered another set of escs on prime and when i get them im not gonna try to do all this ****. Im gonna solder the connectors on and plug it in. Should have propellers and escs Tuesday. Im just gonna stick the extra wire and connectors in side a big heat shrink on the sides of the esc and shrink it all together then ziptie to the arm and run the esc cables in shrink tube too. I tested the motors. The one that was connected to the esc that caught on fire was real hot on the bottom but it works fine still.

Hoki

This crap cant be this frustrating ive soldered so many things in my day. I guess i should have wrapped all the connectors in tape before i tested the motors i was thinking that but i just spread them out and thought itll be ok but i think one moved to contact the other plus i had everything laying on the frame.... i donno if thats conducive

Hoki

Look what i did
20160109_224151.jpg

[url=http://postimg.org/image/z4eqhyunx/] [/URL]