brushlessgimbals.com Cinestar conversion - any good?

I bought some tmotor 2208's off them. Arrived in a week (ie quick), everything was fine.

It's not without some irony Iscorama that you linked to Alibaba. aka "Knock off clones r us" ;-)

kloner

Aerial DP
I've worked for the guy but never bought anything from him. i know it's his baby so i imagine there decent parts and the service should be pretty good. The same guy owns phoenix aerial media

email and ask him where there made

ChrisViperM

With these conversion kits you only get the hardware....but the best hardware is useless with a matching balancing controller/software. So what balancer are they using....????

Chris

ChrisViperM

The price of a Alexmos or Martinez board is for everyone :)

True....but have you ever tried to get 3-axis with these boards straight ??? Even the real hardcore-guys are struggling with that......definitely not the right stuff for us

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

rcmike

Interesting......

i see the pan axis conversion on the Famoushobby site but not the tilt and roll. Am I just missing them?

gerardop

With all these Cinestar stuff around i do not know who makes the real thing. The parts from brushlessgimbals look the same as the ones from aliexpress except that they do not sell the roll and pitch cage.
All these conversion kits look the same to me. Brushlessgimball have bigger cages for the pan to add big motor wit larger torque. Some discussion is going on if the pan will work with direct driven motor. So it mostly comes down to the motors, boards and your skills toget it all tuned in. In the freefly forum (http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...ting-my-cs-gimbal-to-a-brushless-gimbal.1257/) you can find a good discussion about the brushless conversion, diy solutions, belt solutions or very cool double motor on each axe setup from the guys from flexacopter, but there is not one ready to go solution i think.

Gerard

rcmike

Actually you can get the pitch and roll cages from Aliexpress (FamousHobby) and they are quite a bit cheaper. Just send them a message. I got mine there and they came in less than a week.

kloner

Aerial DP
real cinestar stuff is from quadrocopter and is labeled as cinestar and freefly. everything else is fake

gerardop

Yes I agree but to be honest i don't think Freefly will make a brushless conversion for the Cinestar 3-axes or? So all the kits will not be originally from Freefly but quality will differ. The kits with the cages look all the same but at very different prices. I would like that Freefly came with a nice solution, and more or less redy to go that would be nice because the MOvi is not a small step to take.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Seems the most obvious distinction between the Cinestar 8 and Cinestar HL is that the HL comes c/w with a FreeFly Systems power distribution board c/w esc programmer that connects to a single point on the distribution board. But I am curious how that can provide a more accurate and robust solution versus conventional high current distribution board and individual ESC programming card. Maybe the distribution board capacitors store up a bit of energy for peak demand situations so that one or more motors is not starved for current! Here are some links..... http://www.quadrocopter.com/Freefly-...Set_p_926.html
http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar...Kit_p_524.html http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...013825004.html

madobor

For all of you guys who want their Cinestar converted to brushless, here is information about it; Aliexpress seller Famoushobby has all parts you need for conversion kit, but they are not listed in their webshop, you need following items for full kit as brushlessgimbals sells; MV014 (roll cage for 5208 motor - $104), MV012 (tilt cage for 5208 motor - $84), MV016 (pan cage for 5208 motor - $80), CS028 (dual adjustable tilt bar with shaft mount - $33), MV005 (tilt shaft - $25) and optionally CS022-02 (adjustable camera rail for better balance - $45).

All together - $371 for hardware - shipping is almost free (few bucks)
Motors - 3x iPower 5208 - $53 each - $159 total
Final price: $530 for everything!

They also have 8017 motors cages (around $130 each) if anyone is interested, but they are too expensive if you ask me.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wont recommend pan conversion without reduction gear, especially if you fly heavier cam. You can do a little research on official Cinestar forum where are conversion threads and see that people have problems because 5208 do not have enough of torque on pan axis, especially when you are flying in windy situations. Use your old 3rd axis with legs and just add 5208 to it, simply as that. :)

Teco

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wont recommend pan conversion without reduction gear, especially if you fly heavier cam. You can do a little research on official Cinestar forum where are conversion threads and see that people have problems because 5208 do not have enough of torque on pan axis, especially when you are flying in windy situations. Use your old 3rd axis with legs and just add 5208 to it, simply as that. :)[/QUOTE]

you mea the servo 3rd axis?

madobor

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wont recommend pan conversion without reduction gear, especially if you fly heavier cam. You can do a little research on official Cinestar forum where are conversion threads and see that people have problems because 5208 do not have enough of torque on pan axis, especially when you are flying in windy situations. Use your old 3rd axis with legs and just add 5208 to it, simply as that. :)

you mea the servo 3rd axis?

Nope, iPower 5208 but with reduction gear. As solution from Mario (Flexacopter), here is the picture;
P1070122.jpg

Teco

Hunnn, got it, sorry for my ignorance, I am still new with these brushless gimbal. So, put a belt for pan hunn? Interesting. How about tilt and roll?

ovdt

Hunnn, got it, sorry for my ignorance, I am still new with these brushless gimbal. So, the put a belt for pan hunn? Interesting. How about tilt and roll?

You can go with the belt reduction system on tilt and roll as long as you need more power and torque. Wind disturbances, forward flights will require to hold the gimbal tight and on some occasions you will have problems with 5208 motors to hold a 5D Mark III with a decent lens. With the current electronis, the easiest way to get much more torque is the belt reduction. It costs even less.