Broken ZM H3-2D (anti-vibration mount) - Looking for sources to replace it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreyperez

Well I was mounting my ZM for the Hero 3 I got yesterday and while trying to adjust the landing gear/gimbal holder I was applying downward force (I didn't realize it was pushing on the bracket) and snapped the nose off. (the ball holder with the extra hole just forward of it.

Does anybody know what the difference between the two mount are? I can only find the one specifically stated for the Maxon motors (Are those the current or old version??)

I seen the "-38" bracket a little easier to come upon (alum & 4 times as expensive)
http://www.helipal.com/dji-h3-2d-38...ackets.html?osCsid=h7lkc2o3k90kt7qnq5rboocmp0

but absolutely unable to find a bracket actually supposed to be the replacement "-17" bracket.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1011852&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Anybody have a suggestion?

Corey

Attachments

• _MG_4556.jpg
    _MG_4556.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 330

Tahoe Ed

The maxon motors and the green back plate are the older units. The unmarked motors and the black back plate are the newer ones. I own both. I ordered additional units from EmpireRC. You can also check ebay. You may be able to find them there.

coreyperez

Thanks Tahoe Ed.

I Hadn't checked Empire but they too are only listing the phantom version. I'm getting ready to call DJI to see if they can give me a good cross reference part or a supplier who has them. So far the internet has turned up zero.

With your experience, are the two base plates (or phantom plates) interchangeable?

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

coreyperez

I spent over 1:24 min on the phone with DJI just to hear them say numerous times "I Don't Know".

"Will the Alum "(old version) work?"
... I don't know

"Will any of the previous versions work?"
... I don't know

"Will any of the phantom versions work?"
... I don't know

"I live in North Pole AK, DJI states "Polar Region" regarding using the NAZA, will it work up that far north? (64* Latitude)
... That's a really good question. I don't know. Please reply back to us an let us know how it goes

So, that was my morning with DJI...

I have checked numerous retailers, none have it in stock, most won't ship to APO. Its getting really frustrating. I've resorted to purchasing some generic versions off ebay at this point and will hope for the best. DJI wasn't any help. (So much for "support")

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

allerc.com will have specific parts you can order. In my personal opinion they are the BEST for INDIVIDUAL dji parts. Hope this helps!

ILoveMyDrone27

I spent over 1:24 min on the phone with DJI just to hear them say numerous times "I Don't Know".

"Will the Alum "(old version) work?"
... I don't know

"Will any of the previous versions work?"
... I don't know

"Will any of the phantom versions work?"
... I don't know

"I live in North Pole AK, DJI states "Polar Region" regarding using the NAZA, will it work up that far north? (64* Latitude)
... That's a really good question. I don't know. Please reply back to us an let us know how it goes

So, that was my morning with DJI...

I have checked numerous retailers, none have it in stock, most won't ship to APO. Its getting really frustrating. I've resorted to purchasing some generic versions off ebay at this point and will hope for the best. DJI wasn't any help. (So much for "support")

Corey

Have you tried calling Dronefly.com? They have offered me a ton of help when it comes to customer service as well as getting the correct parts when I needed. I'm sure they can offer you help. I have been purchasing from them a while and I also call them on a regular basis with customer support questions. Hope this helps!

coreyperez

Thanks guys!

I found (as delue2 suggested) that 1UAS had it in stock and ordered it there, allerc had it backordered, and joebob had a good link as well. So, now, I've actually got 2 ebay alternatives and the OEM one on the way.

As far as epoxy, I had considered it,but really wanted to just have the read deal up there holding my new gimbal/camera, without any weak areas.

Thanks again guys!

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.