Boxing Day Bonehead!

bensid54

Got my two new ESC on Christmas eve so no time for it until Boxing day when I finally got to finish putting my new DJI 550 together. I carefully wired the bottom plate and plugged all the wires into the controller and receiver, now here is where the problem started! I used the four motors and ESC from my 450 and added two brand new motors and ESC those of which I wanted at the sides of the 550V configuration. While plugging in the controller I noticed the Naza light was pointed one leg over from where I wanted it, so I turned the controller to point the way I wanted it BUT did not redo the wires! Took it outside after getting it finished, powered it up and then flipped it upside down at take off and scratched up my brand new props. Held it down and tried again it was pushing hard on one side so that was when I checked the wiring to find the controller was wired all wrong. Rewired the controller and tried again, that was the ticket it sat in a solid hover and operated properly except for being a little twitchy which I can adjust out of it. Now because I live on the wet coast I have to wait for the rain to stop so I can try this puppy out!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
My bonehead son and I were flying with a friend yesterday and my son's quad fell out of the sky and smashed to bits, zero left in the pack........ he has a timer set now!

Pete

Tahoe Ed

Please connect to the Assistant and make sure that all the settings are correct while you are waiting for the rain to stop. I would also do the Advanced IMU Calibration while you are at it. It never hurts. Glad you only scratched up your new props and did not break them.

bensid54

I had it hooked up to the assist and all props were installed and turning the right way which was my first sense of comfort but I don't know how to use the assist on the Naza light to fire each motor up on it's own. Pete I feel for your son I haven't done that yet but I have gone well past the timer setting because my warning beep isn't very loud.