Beholder Gimbal twitching- can it be tuned?

Hey guys, a few months back I purchased a Beholder Gimbal for my F550 and it's now twitching quite badly- in fact I can't use it for aerial videography as allot of the video is twitching and pulsing up/down.....no crashes at all......can this gimbal be tuned? If so, what URL?

Video Clip----> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/445220/bhdlrtwitchg.mov
I purchased it from CNC as a plug and play gimbal but I'm finding it's not working smoothly at all- so much for P&P!

(Also- is there ANY gimbal that just plain works without needing tuning, or is this asking too much and they all need some level of tuning?)

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That gimbal should use the alexmos firmware, just go to: http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/ and read the instructions and get the GUI.

And so far I have tested probably 10 gimbals from GoPro - Canon 5D sized ones.

The Tarot 2D for the GoPro works amazingly well for the price. Pretty much as good as Zenmuse.
Besides that pretty much all the “Plug and Play” gimbals have been less than awesome.

Hexacrafter.com makes a 2 and 3 axis gimbal that they hand make and hand tune for NEX - GH3 cameras. Each one is hand tuned before it ships.
It’s not cheap, but then again, you get what you pay for.

kloner

Aerial DP
does it film like that without the motors on?

when you move the gimbals axis', does any wires move too along the way, like there pre tensioned and moving?

kloner

Aerial DP
saw it, and it was all flying right? does it do that on the ground? what i'm getting at is if there is no vibrations does it jump around?

from that shot, i can't see the imi wire, motor wires, camera live feed wire if there is one.... wanted to know if it's all tidy with no wires tightening up making tensions. The gimbal has to be super free and loose with the camera balanced perfectly..... like point down with it powered off, does it stay down, can it sit flat, up,???? roll stay to one side, then other side?

Yea, your video is junk, gimbal isn't behaving right, but theres more to brushless than buying it and putting it together "your way" cuz sometimes it's as simple as that, how it's put together

Kloner, well the thing is- it did work perfectly the previous times I've used it. I'd say this is maybe the 8th time I've flown it and it's now behaving this way with no changes to it at all......I'm using a 5000mah 3S pack on a DJI F550............was perfect before- now this!
(Ohh and yes it's completely free- nothing to bind it up......it's sporadic which leads me to believe something is wrong with the board or controller. Will try to tune, or sell as is.)

I've removed it from the F550 and will try to tune it.....put the ole' DJI Phantom mount- no stabilization- yikes!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Try this, Download the alexmos gui that matches the firmware you have on it...... open it up[, connect to the board and see if sensor errors are present, it's a red number on the bottom of the first page...... if it's zero, i'd say it's the balance or vibes, if it's shooting errors it's usually the imu, and those are cheap.