Be aware of Airfoil aerial systems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am opening this thread to alert users wanting tobuy or make business with Airfoil aerial systems, or Airfoilskycam or JohnOhnemus.. They are not an honest business!
I made contact with them early July to buy from them one ofhis t copters for aerial photography, as soon as they received my email Johnwas very interested on selling.. As almost every business! Happy assist me withmy order… after that when he give me the estimate (more than $3,200 dlls) heonly give me one payment method.. Wire transfer! he didn’t want to accept pay pal or creditcards (now I know why) but as they looked like a serious business I went aheadand made the money transfer.. That’s the end of the happy story! After thetransfer he started to ignore my emails.. After 10 days I only received oneshort email from him saying that he was waiting for the flight controllers asthey had some problems with customs!
Ok, I waited 10 more days for him to solve the “issue” andthen tried to contact him again with no luck!
After some days and a lot of emails he send me another emailrequesting my shipping address.. Same I provided with my order… I reply to himgiving him my address again and also asking him to let me know when they shipmy package.. Once again… no reply from him…
I started asking him via email, calling with no reply andthey didn’t pick up the phone!
After 40 days the package arrived… well at least I receivedthe package! But once I opened I noticed the big scam!
They quote me a t copter with top of the line equipment,thunder power batteries, lawmate video downlink, with a special spotter cam to installat the view finder of the camera, a canon remote trigger with autofocus etc!
Well I received only hobbyking equipment! I am not trying tosay that hobbyking sells crap, but that´s not what I bought!
Instead of the thunder power batteries I received turnigybatteries, instead of the lawmate video downlink I received the lowest costvideo downlink that hobbyking sells USED, instead of the big money specialspotter cam for the view finder I received a fpv wide angle very low cost andlow quality cam that I was suppose to glue to the view finder.. if you arefamiliar with photography you will know that that does not work! The t coptersESC are the most low quality esc that money can buy! The flight controllerboard was different than the one with the instructions and had no info of thebrand.. After a lot of research I found it is one that sells hobbyking as well!The canon remote trigger wasn’t at the package! The tilt servo was a standardservo that wasn’t able to move the camera!
As John wasn’t responding to my mails and had a job that Ihad to finish I put 3 days of work on the t copter having it flying to able toshoot some pictures.. I changed theservo, I had to rewire all esc as they where soldered backwards, the flightcontroller was installed backwards, but at least I was able to shoot.. Afterthat John replied to my telling me that he did send everything as described atmy order.. and as I already used the t copter he wasn’t going to changeanything!
Well, that’s ok I told him.. no problem.. just send me thecanon remote trigger… and I am still waiting for it! I already bought anothertrigger from another company… so I just sent him an email telling him stick theshutter up………
This thread has no intention of him returning money orsending me anything.. I just want to aware everyone of the kind of businessJohn Ohnemus have!
Regards
Jose Salido

Sanderx

Drag him into small claims court. You can do it locally and especially if he is not in the same town and has to travel to be at the court hearing you have a very good chance of getting (some) of your money back. It doesn't have to be expensive for you either as small claims court doesn't have the same requirements as a regular court. I am not advocating litigation here but this sounds like a genuine scam.

that is a good advise! I will love to have him waste some of the money he stold me having to travel!!
now that I did a research on him I found he is a person that has scamed a lot of people from out o USA... maybe he thinks that as I live at Mexico I won´t travel to Arizona to drag him to court! I do travel to Arizona for other business so I will drag him to court soon!!
thanks!

AirFoil-Skycam

24-7 live and eat this
We have never sold Lawmate. The down link system brand is Blue sky 700mw. The spotter cam is 700 line Blue sky. The motors are OS 25, the ESC’s are Flight Power 40 amps, the flight controller is FY, The tilt servo is JR Spectrum. (Nothingis Hobby King) The unit you purchased was less radio equipment to keep the cost down but assembled. Average build time is 4 weeks out the door. Units that are built less radio equipment aren’t programmed or test flown just assembled.

You purchased the cheaper packs not Thunder Power. You purchased the cheapest T700 we manufacture. You’re not going to get a Pro setup for the Hobby price.

You sent 10 emails a day expecting me to answer minute by minute. We’re unavailable 1-2 weeks of every month in the field. I answer emails as time permits once we’re back in the shop.
Once we got back in the office I took you at your word the order was short the camera trigger. It was mailed out to the same address about 4 days later.
We’re not going to answer the phone 24-7. There will be delays on emails at times. We try to make sure the focus is on shipping pending orders once we’re back here.

Your email.
well, I just went again to Tucson to pick up the trigger and there was nothing there! well I just found that you are not a person that keeps his world! I thought you were a serious business!
this fraud will be public at all the web rc and photography forums!
been the owner of a couple of forums will make me things easer!
you are going to regret screwing with me! I don't want any more any of your piece of **** items! you can stick them up your ***! I just bought from a good company what I need!

Jose A. Salido=

I'm not going to do business in this way.
On court be careful or you might get to hire a lawyer here.( I don't play games.)
I know where jurisdiction is and I know your post is BS onthe components.

Last edited by a moderator:

We have never sold Lawmate. The down link system brand is Blue sky 700mw. The spotter cam is 700 line Blue sky. The motors are OS 25, the ESC’s are Flight Power 40 amps, the flight controller is FY, The tilt servo is JR Spectrum. (Nothingis Hobby King) The unit you purchased was less radio equipment to keep the cost down but assembled. Average build time is 4 weeks out the door. Units that are built less radio equipment aren’t programmed or test flown just assembled.

You purchased the cheaper packs not Thunder Power. You purchased the cheapest T700 we manufacture. You’re not going to get a Pro setup for the Hobby price.

You sent 10 emails a day expecting me to answer minute by minute. We’re unavailable 1-2 weeks of every month in the field. I answer emails as time permits once we’re back in the shop.
Once we got back in the office I took you at your word the order was short the camera trigger. It was mailed out to the same address about 4 days later.
We’re not going to answer the phone 24-7. There will be delays on emails at times. We try to make sure the focus is on shipping pending orders once we’re back here.

Your email.

I'm not going to do business in this way.
On court be careful or you might get to hire a lawyer here.( I don't play games.)

well look what the cat drag in!! the scam person!!
I am scared!!!

I just read..
I have your email where you described everything... you told me the video downlink was lawmate, now you say you have never sold lawmate... mhhh, well it is not lawmate, and it is not blue sky! it is a cheap hobbyking 200mw system... the spotter cam is the same one that came with the system from hobbyking... we did all the test to know what system was... the flight controller is KK2.0 board from hobbyking... the bateries are turnigy... I have been reading about you and you have a loong history of scams!
I am not planing on geting my money back! I just want to prevent everyone else to get scamed by you!

Condor06

I can tell you from vast experience that John Ohnemus <no personal attacks pls.><no personal="" attacks="" pls.="">.</no> We ordered several aircraft from him with each having their own problems but the most recent (and last I might add) was a helicopter.

We spent $9100.00 for a 4 stroke helicopter with a DJI WK-H, 2- 9503 radios, an Eagle Tree system, batteries for the aircraft, which included $1100.00 for an RTF system. We were guaranteed delivery of this equipment no later than the second week of February. On March 15 we still had not received the equipment. I threatened to cancel my credit card charge.

A few days later we received a 2-stroke heli (not a 4 stroke) in parts, no instructions how to assemble it, the DJI in a box never mounted, a 9503 and a DX6i radio, no batteries, and no eagle tree. Plus we are still missing 6 5S thunder power batteries and a host of other equipment from other orders.

Hey Cochesalido, I have kept all of Johns e-mails, invoices,and text. I even have a record with my local Police department. If you need any corroborating evidence I will give you anything you want. I would love to see this coward squirming in a courtroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

AirFoil-Skycam

24-7 live and eat this
Our States attorney has a record of this along with your local Sheriff’s dept. (You are correct you do have a record in this.) You might want to adjust your story since your local sheriff’s dept has pics of the system at your house. It’s gonna show a Shindawa 34cc 4 stroke motor. They also have an inventory of parts that have been sent to our SA.

You found a guy with a CC you could bill, and after that decided I own John. You’re the type of guy that want s to come off as a designer, manufacturer, been in this business 20 years. You wanted to be able to buy my background. Life doesn’t work that way.

Run from my company’s name? I started this business over 15 years ago and maybe have 20 BS customers that got in over their heads and need someone to blame in 15 years. Yeah we make mistakes but it’s always the ones starting a new business then it starts to tank and we’re the bad guy. (They would have been millionaires but for AirFoil.)

You stole footage I had shot and used it as your own (turned over to our attorney, States attorney) then used thermal footage (turned over to our attorney, States attorney) then went as far as to lie that you're designing and manufacturing our systems. (Also turned over) You then made false statements about your local sheriff’s dept. (were sent to our attorney, States attorney, your local sheriff)

You sent this long tx about being arrest for dealing with you, a story about what a deputy has said which I turned over to your local sheriff’s dept. After seeing what you written they went to your house to tell you to never lie about actions being taken by the Sherriff’s dept. or you will be arrested.(you we’re almost arrested for what you said then? I didn’t push things as they said you had lost everything) I have every email from your sheriff’s dept. Explaining the action they took with you, what you had been told
You apologized after that for what you had said!!! I tried to help you but your partner was also contacted?

This will be forwarded to your local dept. and our SA . You just keep digging the hole.
This is the video where you lied about designing and manufacturing our system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTl01aW6ZiQ&feature=player_embedded
I have emails of you telling me to not to do business with anyone within 100's of miles of you? When a local guy purchased a unit and had success you went off. Those emails we're also sent.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Gentlemen,

This is a forums site, yes, but it isn't to be used for the settlement of these higher order business deals. This is the second time I"m having to deal with this in a short amount of time.

For the amount of money being discussed you'd each be better off taking your problems offline and settling this privately.

There are ways to handle this on a forums site but this thread has crossed the line and will likely be deleted.

Bart

Condor06

John, this is why no one will do business with you. You livein a world of miss direction. You can’t defend your actual actions so you tryand invent something else to get people off your track.

You never spoke with our Sheriff’s office. It was my localpolice department.

Yes, they came to my house to take pictures and confirm yourstory was BS and that you never shipped what we paid for or stated in youre-mails

We purchased your equipment and a single reporter out of 10misspoke in a 2 second blurb saying I was the designer. We told you about it,you were ok with it, now you think everyone is trying to survive off of you orthat this was all planned.

Again you try a little misdirection with I found a guy touse his CC. That guy is one of the owners of Condor. You wanted us to wire youfunds. We refused. We used our CC because we can. Don’t try and make a back storytrying to hide from your business dealings.

I will tell anyone and everyone what we ordered from you,what we received from you as well as all the problems we have had with you. Youcan cry all you want to and make up whatever cover story works for you but wehave your invoices, your e-mails describing what we ordered, and the product, orlack thereof, we received.

As evidenced in your continued post, the reason you won’t doanything about it like contacting any law enforcement or states attorney orwhatever authority you decide to pull out of a hat is because we all haveevidence to the contrary. Instead of wasting your time responding to forumgossip, which is all you can do, you should be bringing charges but alas thisis your last resort.

We don’t use any videos on our website with anything fromAirfoil. Additionally we use the FLIR 640X512 night vision equipment as we area distributor for the product. Every video using night vision on our site iswith our own equipment. Not your dime store or Hobby King replicas.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself. Is everyonewho posts negative comments about you just out trying to hurt poor John for noreason, Or is it just you?

Macsgrafs

I agree with Bart, this really isn't the place gents, but I know how you are feeling. A quick search brings up many posts like this one on so many forums. At least it's another one to add to my list of "Do NOT buy from".
Hope you gents can get it sorted...if not, then do a chargeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.