Bartman, nice to meet you

Sanderx

Rob (a fellow multi-rotor friend) and I were troubleshooting our Dragon link transmitter yesterday at a local Best-Buy parking lot in NJ (what better place is there to do these kind of stuff?) when a car pulled up. Window rolls down....'hey guys, what are you up to?'. First thought: here we go, an 'interested' police officer just making sure we're not zipping our copter around the parking lot.....but no, it was the Bartman in person. What are the chances? Very nice to meet you Bart and I guess we can do a NE fly-in soon....:)

Sanderx

Unfortunately not. Rob and I have tried both our DX8's and the same issue persists: when using the knob on aux3 the DL receiver disconnects on my mikrokopter. Very frustrating. All other channels seem to work fine but the issue with aux3 on the DX8 persists. I don't dare to take my copter in the air with this issue. I will probably switch to a different transmitter to resolve the issue. Anyone want to buy a new DX8 anyone?....:)

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, it's a weird system and i've seen people with problems using them.

Did you try changing the radios slave settings to slave. you might loose trim and expo mixing, but it almost always works there ch 5-8 will still be adjustable. I'm battling it right now with an 11x. just ordered a futaba 8j to try and wiggle my way out of my hate for the system

robstach

Yep! For me, the funny part was that I had only signed up to this forum the night before. Completely wacky!

The weird thing with the DX8 issue is that I cannot replicate the problem with my DX8 and two DL RXs ... They're working on it though. I've switched over to an A9 and probably won't look back :)

Sanderx

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by changing the slave settings to slave? When using the trainer port the DX8 goes automatically into slave mode and uses the ppm signal....

Sanderx

My RX has been calibrated and the issues unfortunately persists....maybe it's my mikrokopter board that doesn't like the ppm signal from the DX8 aux3 channel?

robstach

Sander calibrated but one thing I noticed is that his link LED had a pulse to it (for lack of a better term). Mine had this prior to calibration.

Other folks are having the same issue as well. It is odd.

Another known issue: moving the throttle rapidly will cause a failsafe. Slowing the servo speed down to .2 makes it go away... again - weird.

How do you like the TBS Discovery? I've been thinking of converting my F450 over...

kloner

Aerial DP
on page 20 of your manual http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM8800-Manual.pdf it shows trainer settings. in those settings you have 4 options. on mine, when i set it to straight slave, it works bitchen except i loose all the mixing like throttle hold, trim, servo reversing, etc. mine only has slave or master, yours has a four to choose from, mileage might vary. i'd try it if it's all sitting there

on DL v2.6 and 2.7 boards the rx's pinouts are printed backwards on the 1-8, what says 8 is 1 and what is marked 1 is ch8. on the other side, the ppm comes out of ch12, i think the manual says 9,,,,, just saying what i know in case you hadn't heard it.

pilot link master is most likely the one. There are several types of ppm as in ppm8, ppm9, ppm18, ppm24

I've had mine since begining of may and kicked a couple switches, flew it out 4000 feet, little familliar

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
the disco is the bomb, anybody wanting to run uhf with vtx needs something like that, the seperation isn't enough on a stock frame and too many little wires making like antennas everywhere in a stock rig.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
for two years I've been trying to convince my friends to try multi-rotors and have failed miserably. so the pleasure was all mine to see two guys with full blown Mikrokopter stuff beeping away as I was about to head home with the family! finally someone to play with!

sorry I couldn't be of more help with the radio stuff guys. let's get together and do some flying!

I'll PM contact info and we can meet up somewhere.

Regards,
Bart

robstach

pilot link master is most likely the one.

That's what I set mine up with - I never thought to check the other DX8 - Sander: which config are you set up with?

I hear you - have had a crash course in Dragon Link for the past 2 months. Been feeding back "bugs" to the DL crew.

robstach

RE: TBS Disco - It certainly looks nice. I have a hoverthings FPV frame sitting around that needs some internals. I'll see how that pans out first!

robstach

for two years I've been trying to convince my friends to try multi-rotors and have failed miserably. so the pleasure was all mine to see two guys with full blown Mikrokopter stuff beeping away as I was about to head home with the family! finally someone to play with!

sorry I couldn't be of more help with the radio stuff guys. let's get together and do some flying!

I'll PM contact info and we can meet up somewhere.

Regards,
Bart

haha! Sander is a bad influence on me - bringing that MK out has made me reach for the wallet a couple of times... not good! :nevreness:

I'm ready to fly when you guys are .. let's do it!

No sweat on the radio stuff - we're actually trying to help DL out at this point by isolating some issues people are having over there. It was more of a verification test than a trying to figure it all out kind of thing.

Talk soon!

Sanderx

Thanks Kloner/Rob. I think I have set mine to straight slave. I will try the other settings to see if it will make a difference. Would be nice. And yes, would love to do a fly in in the area!

Sanderx

And Rob, I am sure Bartman can hook you up with a reasonable priced hexacopter....:)...there are some nice Cinestars 6 and 8 for sale in the RTF section of the forum....