AV200 - powering options

roryhinds

I'm building a SkyJib 8 with a PhotoHigher AV200 and wanted to work out what I'll need to power the AV200.
I'm using 5S 8000mAh Lipo batteries to power the SkyJib but what batteries are best to power the AV200?

My rig will have

AV200+ 360 Pan Kit
Skyline Stabilisation
HDMI to Composite converter (USB 5v) for the FPV through the Red EPIC camera.

I'll be flying a Red Epic so would be powering the Epic off the 8000mAh that power the SkyJib (2826/12 motors with 65Amp ESC's) my FC is the DJI Wookong M with GPS, 900 Data Link.

I'll be using a iOSD and FPV setup too and will have a separate FPV tx/rx for a GoPro3 which will be the pilots camera to fly with.

Macsgrafs

Firstly keep the octo power purely for the octo, if you want to power anything else, you will need another seperate power source.
The RSGS operates from 5v to 6v basically, so a decent BEC powered by a 3s lipo (1300ma+) will cope nicely.

Ross

roryhinds

Hi Ross

So you wouldn't suggest I power the Epic camera off the same 2 batteries that are powering the Octo?
So I should have a 3rd 8000mAh battery powering the Epic then have another 1300ma powering the Gimbal rig with HDMI convertor and FPV Tx????

Macsgrafs

Hi Ross

So you wouldn't suggest I power the Epic camera off the same 2 batteries that are powering the Octo?
So I should have a 3rd 8000mAh battery powering the Epic then have another 1300ma powering the Gimbal rig with HDMI convertor and FPV Tx????

Basically...yes.

roryhinds

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this info.

So what would be considered a good BEC?
How much flight time would I expect from a 2S 2000mah or 3S 1300mah?

Would I be better off with a 3S over a 2S?
What would you say is the best battery to power the Gimbal etc on my SkyJib?
What discharge rating battery should I be looking at?

roryhinds

Would these be good?

TURNIGY 5-7.5A (8~42v) HV UBEC for Lipoly
http://tinyurl.com/a9s2jat

Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
http://tinyurl.com/b42moxc

On the BEC would I be able to power the AV200 servos, Skyline, Gimbal remote receiver, HDMI convertor, and the FPV Tx all on the same BEC?
Sorry for the basic questions, I'm still learning about all this.

Macsgrafs

Would these be good?

TURNIGY 5-7.5A (8~42v) HV UBEC for Lipoly
http://tinyurl.com/a9s2jat

Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
http://tinyurl.com/b42moxc

On the BEC would I be able to power the AV200 servos, Skyline, Gimbal remote receiver, HDMI convertor, and the FPV Tx all on the same BEC?
Sorry for the basic questions, I'm still learning about all this.

The BEC would be fine for the AV200+RSGS, but if you want a HDMI convertor plus FPV then go for a 8-15a BEC. 2200ma 3s would be fine as well.

Ross

roryhinds

Thanks Ross I'll look out for a 8-15a BEC and 2200ma 3s.

Noob question... how do I power all devices off of the BEC, is there a junction cable I can get?
and is there a miniUSB to BEC cable I can get to power the HDMI convertor and GoPro which takes power from a miniUSB connection?

Macsgrafs

Thanks Ross I'll look out for a 8-15a BEC and 2200ma 3s.

Noob question... how do I power all devices off of the BEC, is there a junction cable I can get?
and is there a miniUSB to BEC cable I can get to power the HDMI convertor and GoPro which takes power from a miniUSB connection?

hahahahaha Rory, you aint gonna last long in this game if you can't use a soldering iron! We all make our own leads ;)

Ross

roryhinds

yeah my soldering skills are getting much better :)
I'm not afraid of soldering:-0

So I can just solder a USB cable onto the BEC and I'll be good? Or do I need to connect something to the BEC to get more outputs then solder that?

Sorry the whole BEC thing is still foreign to me, I'm good with ESC, Motors, power boards etc but BEC are still new to my world.

Macsgrafs

yeah my soldering skills are getting much better :)
I'm not afraid of soldering:-0

So I can just solder a USB cable onto the BEC and I'll be good? Or do I need to connect something to the BEC to get more outputs then solder that?

Sorry the whole BEC thing is still foreign to me, I'm good with ESC, Motors, power boards etc but BEC are still new to my world.

Rory, there are 2 wires in & 2 wires out...put on what ever connectors you need!

Ross

roryhinds

Thanks Ross.

Another stupid question... Do I have to worry about amps on the USB power in devices? If I get a 8-15A BEC and the GoPro3 Black needs 5V1amp will the extra amps kill the GoPro? Or does it draw what it needs up to what the BEC is rated?

roryhinds

anyone have a pictures of how the BEC is solder to have multi wires coming off of it to power multi devices.
I can't get my head around it and am a picture kind of guy :)