Any insight

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
With a new micro SD card is there any formatting that has to be done or does the MK get it all sorted right out of the package?

Bart If you search my posts you will maybe remember the problems I had with erratic behaviour.. this was due to a cheap sd card. I formatted my new quality, not cheap sd card as a fat pc format and its fine.. not had any problems since, just remember about the 2GB limit

DAve

baker55

I have a Navi-Ctrl V 1.1 and the firmware I don't know it was up to date in Feb. I have not updated since. Shaun

Hi Dave. Are you saying erratic behavior getting the information into your pc or the sd card was causing the mk to act erratically in the air? Hopefully not the latter, if so mine is going in the bin!!!
Bart If you search my posts you will maybe remember the problems I had with erratic behaviour.. this was due to a cheap sd card. I formatted my new quality, not cheap sd card as a fat pc format and its fine.. not had any problems since, just remember about the 2GB limit

DAve

Crash

Defies Psychics
I think you might be right Crash. because of lack of experience and patience I might not have waited long enough for the ch to do its job. I think I was more concerned with getting it away from the public than getting it back. I guess my other concern is why it went the opposite direction when I tried to bring it back at first. It was only 100-200' away from me. Shaun

Did you have care free setup?

The compass problem will really mess up PH and CH. It did look to me like the bird was trying to get home each time but it was probably having a hard time fighting the wind especially at 600 feet.

I see CH being activated at 248s. Up until that point PH was active but was frequently being overridden because of your stick inputs. At 263 CH was again overridden by radio sticks and the copter flew away.

Check the compass for magnetic interference and look into the settings to give the GPS stick inputs more influence.

BTW, I think I saw that the top speed was almost 90KPH. That could be a record. ;)

Attachments

• screenshot.374.jpg
    screenshot.374.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 115
  • screenshot.375.jpg
    screenshot.375.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 128

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Did you have care free setup?

The compass problem will really mess up PH and CH. It did look to me like the bird was trying to get home each time but it was probably having a hard time fighting the wind especially at 600 feet.

I see CH being activated at 248s. Up until that point PH was active but was frequently being overridden because of your stick inputs. At 263 CH was again overridden by radio sticks and the copter flew away.

Check the compass for magnetic interference and look into the settings to give the GPS stick inputs more influence.

BTW, I think I saw that the top speed was almost 90KPH. That could be a record. ;)

I saw 79 Kph close to the end of trace the first time I looked using an older version of Export but I couldn't tell if that was horizontal or vertical speed...:eek:

The events sound somewhat similar to what I experienced after I upgraded my stock Hexa to the .84 firmware set and had it attempt to fly away on a flight in the front yard. Fortunately it was too low to get away and I had enough control left to persuade it to fall sideways to the ground from about 6 feet up. I had some wonky looking compass readings in the log and the compass board did indeed go completely dark shortly afterward, it has since been replaced and the bad one will be on the way to Mr Crash soon.

Ken

Crash

Defies Psychics
Yup...79 Kph. You are correct! Please see the girl at the front counter for your prize. :)

(The prize is unbalanced EPP props and some other stuff that Buzzed sent me.) :p

baker55

Yes Ken that is exactly what happened a couple of months ago. The same thing. It went all wonky and tried to fly away. I was almost within reach so I managed to bring it back. I was quite proud of myself that time. this time I was not so lucky.

Adam P.

Hello,

We did notice, while analysing the SD card from this flight (Baker55), that the PH switch was in the "on" position the whole time except for when the "CH" was used. It would be hard to determine if the ribbon cable had come lose during flight since the kopter had such a hard landing that it may have come off at that time too.

We are currently working on a English translation of the GPX software instruction manual. Should be done by the end of this coming week.

Also, Holger has made available a new firmware version for Navi Ctrl because of solar flare interference with GPS antenna...

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-26054.html

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/09sep/solarflare2012.html

Thank you,
Adam

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hello,

We did notice, while analysing the SD card from this flight (Baker55), that the PH switch was in the "on" position the whole time except for when the "CH" was used. It would be hard to determine if the ribbon cable had come lose during flight since the kopter had such a hard landing that it may have come off at that time too.

We are currently working on a English translation of the GPX software instruction manual. Should be done by the end of this coming week.

Also, Holger has made available a new firmware version for Navi Ctrl because of solar flare interference with GPS antenna...

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-26054.html

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/09sep/solarflare2012.html

Thank you,
Adam

Adam, I've had some issues with the compass boards as well, had one just die recently for no apparent reason, worked fine the day before. Here's pic of the replacement I received from your stock, you may want to check any others you have to see if they have similar problems, this is the second time I've run into this...

IMG_1512a.jpg

Before I had a closer look under a bright light with a magnifying glass and saw this I created an RMA for it but never sent it back once I saw the problem and knew it could be easily fixed . Problem was the board would not calibrate, soldered the bare pad to the main board as it should be and it works fine now.

Ken

baker55

I seem to have more insight into my crash back in June. It seems that carefree was turned on when I lost control. I don't think I turned it on by mistake, if I did problem solved. I don't believe I did. So what are the chances it would come on by itself? thanks Shaun

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have to admit its easy to do.. turn it on accidentally that is.. I have done this twice now.. first time I thought my ADX was gone, fortunately I glanced down and saw my activation switch was enabled.. I just hit come home. Fortunately I was in TX range and by the time she had got back to me I had disabled comfort and landed OK.. The next time I did it I worked out what my problem was pretty damn quick and had it sorted.. Pre flight checks and inflight checks at a regular interval helps but I know all to easy how you get carried away with the moment!

Hope you are back up flying again..

Dave

baker55

Thanks Dave, I've been out a few times already. I must say I have been a little apprehensive though. I will get my confidence back soon and will be up taking pictures again. Shaun

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Altitude hold is controlled by the FC and can be used with out any inout from the Nav/GPS board. It will try and maintain that altitude using the barrometric sensor on the FC..

Position hold utilises the GPS to try and maintain the position when it is enabled and when the default number of satellites (ususally 6) have been locked on..

crcr

It looks to me like you were fighting the GPS sticks and the navi went into manual mode, overriding CH, and allowing you to manually fly away.

Crash, I'm wondering if you can clarify a couple of things. By "fighting the GPS sticks" are you saying that when GPS is on (weather PH or CH) the system automatically goes into manual mode when you move either of the sticks? and I guess goes back (to the preset switch positions) when the sticks are released?

The same situation can happen in PH when you move the sticks outside of the threshold.

What are the stick thresholds, how/can you set this?

Thanks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
crcr,
As i understand it, in Position Hold, you can tell the FC if you want it to reposition itself according to your stick inputs or not. Leaving the setting at 0 tells it don't reposition at all and go back to your original spot when I stop moving the sticks. I use a setting of 1 which tells it to reposition to wherever I move it to provided the sticks are in a position for 1 second or more. this lets me reposition the heli without having to flip PH off and then back on. You can use a higher threshold but then you'll have to hold the sticks that much longer.
Moving the sticks while PH is on doesn't necessarily shut PH off or cancel it.
I'm curious to know if CH mode is different although in my experience it continues to come home even if I'm manipulating it a bit while it's on its way.
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
With come home enabled I can interrupt the flight by using the sticks to take it somewhere else or yaw it round. as soon as you let go of the sticks she continues home

Dave