A2 Motor Test Failure

That might be the problem, the ESC need to be calibrated. The motor test uses such a low range that it might not even be allowing the motors to turn. I would calibrate and then try the motor test once again. Sorry but I have never hear of this issue before.

I have yet to be able to get the motors to move using the motor test.... I did recalibrate the ESCs using a futaba reciever, but I closed the end points up to 60% and now the motors will run...

To recap I inverted the throttle channel on the trans and made throttle normal on the receiver to get the CSC to work.

Am I stupid and missed the section in the manual on how to calibrate ESCs using your A2 as I can't find it!!!

deluge2

Using A2 for direct ESC calibration

May want to check out this thread from elsewhere:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2126826&page=5

It contains the following exchange regarding ESC calibration using the A2 controller directly:

CG Photo: "I was able to calibrate my Tmotor ESC's using an A2 controller and Futaba 8FG radio. I used one of the four outputs. In the assistant I connected one of the outputs to the throttle channel. Then I plugged in each esc one at a time and did the calibration. Works great and no need to use a separate receiver."

Tahoe Ed: "Good to know. You can map D1-4 to F1-4 for the purpose of throttle calibration. I did not think of that. Thank you."

Steve

I have yet to be able to get the motors to move using the motor test.... I did recalibrate the ESCs using a futaba reciever, but I closed the end points up to 60% and now the motors will run...

To recap I inverted the throttle channel on the trans and made throttle normal on the receiver to get the CSC to work.

Am I stupid and missed the section in the manual on how to calibrate ESCs using your A2 as I can't find it!!!

Thank you Steve and Blade strike your help is much appreciated !!

Chris

May want to check out this thread from elsewhere:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2126826&page=5

It contains the following exchange regarding ESC calibration using the A2 controller directly:

CG Photo: "I was able to calibrate my Tmotor ESC's using an A2 controller and Futaba 8FG radio. I used one of the four outputs. In the assistant I connected one of the outputs to the throttle channel. Then I plugged in each esc one at a time and did the calibration. Works great and no need to use a separate receiver."

Tahoe Ed: "Good to know. You can map D1-4 to F1-4 for the purpose of throttle calibration. I did not think of that. Thank you."

Steve

Thanks to Benjamin Kenobi, Gael, Carapau, blade strike, deluge2 ( Steve ) for your help and ideas. I just calibrated the ESCs using F1-F4 all mapped to channel 3 ( throttle ) worked like a dream !! 6 motors done in 2 goes!!

Thank you one and all!!