A2 firmware forced upgrade to 2.3?

Bryharv

Hi, I have the A2 Assistant software on my Mac and I just connected to my A2 in order to make some gain adjustments. I am running version 2.1 on everything, yet on the bottom in yellow it says "VERSION MISMATCH", and the software assistant will not switch out of the "Tools" menu. If I try to go into the "Basic" menu a red message pops up saying "main controller firmware mismatch, please update".

I've not had this issue arise previously when using the software assistant, and I've not updated any firmware in the meantime.
I do not wish to switch to 2.3 as my machine is working fine on 2.1.

Is there some new issue forcing a switch to 2.3?

Mojave

Reverting to older A2 firmware

Hi, I have the A2 Assistant software on my Mac and I just connected to my A2 in order to make some gain adjustments. I am running version 2.1 on everything, yet on the bottom in yellow it says "VERSION MISMATCH", and the software assistant will not switch out of the "Tools" menu. If I try to go into the "Basic" menu a red message pops up saying "main controller firmware mismatch, please update".

I've not had this issue arise previously when using the software assistant, and I've not updated any firmware in the meantime.
I do not wish to switch to 2.3 as my machine is working fine on 2.1.

Is there some new issue forcing a switch to 2.3?

You need to upload the older version of the A2 assistant software that has 2.1 as the most recent version. You should be able to find it on the DJI official site. I don't have the address at my fingertips but I have done it. You will then click through each component and 'upgrade' to the latest for that version that corresponds to the assistant software. This is actually 'downgrading' to a firmware version that some folks think is more stable.

Don't forget that you will be using the A2 1.14 quick start guide for this older version of the firmware.

Good Luck

Bryharv

hi Mojave, thank you but I believe I have the only version of DJI assistant software for Mac (V1.3). In addition, I have not upgraded my software or anything recently, and I had been able to make gain adjustments previously. Its strange that I'm having this issue now, without making any firmware or software updates.

You need to upload the older version of the A2 assistant software that has 2.1 as the most recent version. You should be able to find it on the DJI official site. I don't have the address at my fingertips but I have done it. You will then click through each component and 'upgrade' to the latest for that version that corresponds to the assistant software. This is actually 'downgrading' to a firmware version that some folks think is more stable.

Don't forget that you will be using the A2 1.14 quick start guide for this older version of the firmware.

Good Luck

Mojave

I looked in The DJI wiki: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/A2 to get to the PC files but I do not see the assistant for the Mac software. Sorry I cannot be of further assistance - maybe explore there a bit more for the Mac software. It was a pain for me to find this; I can't imagine what it is like for you. You are not alone wanting to downgrade to 2.1. I decided to upgrade so I could use my iPad to monitor some parameters. So far so good but I only have a few flights on my A2.

Tahoe Ed

Interesting after upgrading my A2 with the Assistant for MAC when I connect to my netbook I get the firmware mismatch. I will have to bring this up to DJI.