A2 ESC Calibration

I am posting this after trying for weeks to figure out how to calibrate ESCs with an A2 reciever.

With thanks to Benjamin Kenobi, Gael, Carapau, blade strike, deluge2 ( Steve ) who helped me figure it out.

1 Connect the reciever via USB with the A2 assist and map d1-d4 to your throttle.
2 Disconnect the USB to the reciever.
3 Connect your ESCs to F1-F4. Make sure that the motors are connected to the ESCs.

************* If you have BEC style ESCs make sure to disconnect the positive lead from the ESC BEFORE powering up *******************
************* DJI recievers are designed to work with OPTO ESCs only!!! *****************************************************

4 Power up the transmitter set the throttle to max.
5 power up the reciever and ESCs using a flight battery ( make sure you have the props off !!)
6 you will hear the standard ESC 123 tone followed by a pause and a single beep.
7 lower the throttle to minimum you will hear another beep followed by the ESC 123 tone and another tone ( varies with ESC brand it seems )
8 Repeat for any additional ESCs.
9 Remember to reset the mapping in your reciever.

Last edited by a moderator:

deluge2

Thanks CBS for putting all this info in one place! Have you flight-tested the ESCs configured in this manner yet?

Steve

I am posting this after trying for weeks to figure out how to calibrate ESCs with an A2 reciever.

With thanks to Benjamin Kenobi, Gael, Carapau, blade strike, deluge2 ( Steve ) who helped me figure it out.

1 Connect the reciever via USB with the A2 assist and map d1-d4 to your throttle.
3 Connect your ESCs to F1-F4. Make sure that the motors are connected to the ESCs.

************* If you have BEC style ESCs make sure to disconnect the positive lead from the ESC BEFORE powering up *******************
************* DJI recievers are designed to work with OPTO ESCs only!!! *****************************************************

4 Power up the transmitter set the throttle to max.
5 power up the reciever and ESCs using a flight battery ( make sure you have the props off !!)
6 you will hear the standard ESC 123 tone followed by a pause and a single beep.
7 lower the throttle to minimum you will hear another beep followed by the ESC 123 tone and another tone ( varies with ESC brand it seems )
8 Repeat for any additional ESCs.
9 Remember to reset the mapping in your reciever.

Hi Steve,

I maidened it today. ESCs functioned perfectly. I need to make some adjustments to CG. I intend to add an AV200 with a ~1500g DSLR so I think I will add a 2 L bottle of water to bring the CG back between or very close to centre plates. Currently with 2x 6S 10000 mounted on the crash cage the CG is about 30MM above the surface of the top plate.

cheers
Chris

Thanks CBS for putting all this info in one place! Have you flight-tested the ESCs configured in this manner yet?

Steve

roryhinds

how do you do this with A2 version 1.3

I can't seem to do it as the software won't let map the Throttle to D channel

roryhinds

I had to map the Throttle on my Futaba T14 to Channel 10 so I could mapped the D4 on the A2 to Channel 10 and control the throttle.
All Tiger ESC calibrated now.

Robwik

**** EDIT ****
My problem below is solved. I had Gear function on. Disabling it made it work.

Hi,

I tried the above but without luck. I got an S800 EVO, DJI A2 and Futaba T8FG Super. I mapped channel 10 on my transmitter to Throttle, and D1(F1) to channel 10. When I moved my throttle stick I could see the same movement for D1. I connected a lead from the frames M1 plug to F1. Max throttle on transmitter, powered up the frame. The ESC did not beep, but it's LED did blink. No Power to the motor.

When connected normally all motors work fine. The ESC's was previously calibrated with a Taranis, but now I want to use the A2 and Futaba.

What do I do wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: