2 Transmitters...Pilot and camera man

1lifefilm

Hi All

I'm going to be setting up an S1000 with WKM M controller, Zenmuse 5D with 2 transmitters ie 1 pilot and 1 camera man.
What does the receiver/controller interface look like with a 2 man set up, presumably you need 2 receivers but what does the wiring look like considering M1 to 8 on the controller will all be occupied with motor inputs?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

kloner

Aerial DP
that's why it's 2 complete systems, one tx/rx on the top controlling flight controls and landing gear, another rx/tx on the gimbal controlling it alone....

the flight controller usually doesn't have anything to do with any of it at that point.

Rentakill

Have a similar setup , getting good camera operators is your challenge. Family members have all been sacked hehe.

kloner

Aerial DP
if pro, look for young cinematographers, they understand framing and can run a camera. if your struggling finding one, contact your local 600

BamaDave

Kloner, i have the same set-up. When the machine was built, with Futaba 14SG's, the camera would automatically take a shot every second. S-bus was used and the only way we could make it quit was to do away with s-bus and hardwire each channel. Only other difference is Im flying A2, Also flying 22000 batteries.

Are you getting any fixed wing time in?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i've been getting full scale fixed wing but not uav. Theres an fpv meet in 2 weeks im planning only taking wings to enjoy myself,, change it up

sounds like the shudder channel was programed in the wrong position, but it might just be one of them things. I tried messing with a zenmeuse the other day and got nowhere.

SamaraMedia

Kloner, just watched your video from the wind tunnel, great stuff. Is that GH4 gimbal your own design or available for purchase somewhere?

Dave_EP

Warning, I'm going to as a potentially stupid question now......

I would also like to build a dual transmitter system since I work with my son filming, we both know what we need and work well together. However, on days where we may need to go solo (with just pilot + spotter instead of pilot + camera + spotter), is it simply a case of making sure the pilot's transmitter is also set up to control the camera (but normally disconnected) then changing over the inputs to the gimbal to come from the extra pilot channels instead? That would seem logical, but I've been surprised before with similar things.

Dsankey1

There are several different ways to do this and when I was setting up I spent a lot of time figuring out what I thought was the best way. I use a 18 channel futaba tx for everything - pilot controls and camera controls. When operating with my camera operator (most of the time) I use a buddy box system to allocate gimbal pan / tilt / roll / shutter and video channels to his tx. This way he just needs a cheap 6ch tx and futaba do a wireless buddy box system so you aren't constrained by having a cable between the 2 tx's. The camera operators tx controls the camera and gimbal through the pilots controller. Works brilliantly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD