Wobbling cs8

kloner

Aerial DP
i had to get the esc's from the us warehouse and the programmer from HK warehouse.

programing 8 of em by beep blows.......

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
the set for my sj8 came in yesterday,,,,, they are nice looking. Wires seem small, but i can get past that if they work.

I use plush turnigy 40A ESCs and I highly recommend them as well, they always work and never fail. I've yet to see one fail in many, many years of using them. I use them exclusively in everything, easy to program and worth getting the programming board for them too. FYI..

I had a 40amp plush fry on me in flight, but I still trust them. Honestly, My old 30amp RCtimer escs are running strong as well. They have never failed and I have had them on and off various ships for 3 years! All with Hoverfly Pro. I am noticing a wobble on my Octo right now and curious what you find Kloner. I have not had time to investigate this week. I didn,t realize how bad the wobble was until I flew my X8 last weekend and saw how "smooth" smooth can be.
You will get good at programming them via the radio by the 8th esc :)

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
I had a 40amp plush fry on me in flight, but I still trust them. Honestly, My old 30amp RCtimer escs are running strong as well. They have never failed and I have had them on and off various ships for 3 years! All with Hoverfly Pro. I am noticing a wobble on my Octo right now and curious what you find Kloner. I have not had time to investigate this week. I didn,t realize how bad the wobble was until I flew my X8 last weekend and saw how "smooth" smooth can be.
You will get good at programming them via the radio by the 8th esc :)

Interesting and to be fair I never push them hard at all and when I build, I overbuild so I have pulled maybe 15A burst through my 40A ESC's. If you push them close to 40A they probably will burn out. I always figure, if they say 40A they're really 20 or 25A max and probably more like 40A burst or 40A with good throttle control or massive airflow, you get the idea.

kloner

Aerial DP
finally got the chopper back from the lidar conference and gave it a going over. the 3 rear motors all had intrusion into the winding, but on in particular was extremely punished. ironicaly it's the one that ate the esc as well so this is pointing in the right direction, has to be. Got it all together just waiting for a sober pilot to give it a go. At the same time, there is some weird buzz out of the WK firmware camp and i think some of that problem is what i'm seeing with the motors starting stuttering mid flight.

the weirdest part is my kid walked by, i said show dad whats wrong, she did this..... kids got it in her blood

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 138

Kari

Agree, kids just have it on blood. :) good to hear it's beginning to solve out. Usually these have a simple explanation. It's something that should be warned in the package of every motor. I guess ruining coils is something quite common for unexperienced builders.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm finally sober and back to flying, this was the first flight.....

Thanks Kari, you saved me alot of grief

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

Kloner that looks great - did you do that single person? Anyways -looks like you have that bird working fantastic.

I'm finally sober and back to flying, this was the first flight.....
Thanks Kari, you saved me alot of grief

kloner

Aerial DP
no sir, it's a 2 man rig. Still gotta do some gimbal adjustments, it won't point down and has a weird lag on input, but for a basically maiden and just a cripple guy on his couch tuned gimbal, it came out really close.

This hoverfly stuff is pretty dang easy to tune, still haven't attempted to flip on Altitude hold..... ever since it ate that hex it's got me freaked out but if that works, this is like a naza on steroids