New to Multirotors and Naza. Questions with set up.

a468bu

I assembled my new Flamewheel F450 last night. Everything went together really good. But I have a few questions regarding the setup with my controller and Dji assistant.

I have a Futaba with a 8-ch S-Buss receiver. I have it connected thru the S-Buss. I have adjusted all the end points in my radio and asigned the 2 3-position switches.

When I have it all plugged into the computer. The icon for the GPS.Atti.Manual will flicker to the position the switch is in and FailSafe. Is this normal, this flickering? The led on the Quad stays the same.

Also after I arm the motors, if I lower the throttle to 0% they will not restart without rearming them. This is normal?

Thanks

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The flickering you maybe seeing is where you might be just on the border, try adjusting your end point a little to stop that. You want to make sure it is not leaving the position marked... I think on my Futaba T8J radio, I have my end points at 60.

Re-arm is normal if you go back to 0%, I think it is a little higher than 0%, but a re-arm will be necessary, it is a safety function. Never drop too far below half throttle during flight, I think under 10% for more than 2 seconds will shut down your motors.

a468bu

Thanks I have them set to 61 right now. I will try 60 when I get home tonight. The assistant shows GPS-Failsafe-Atti-Failsafe-Man. It would go from GPS and flicker to the failsafe mode between Atti and Manual.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah, you just need to adjust that end point to keep it on the section you made, I.E. if your selected to GPS mode, try and keep it in the middle of it. Same for Manual mode, I am sure mine are 60 either way.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Yeah, I think the naza manual says something like "Throttle let below 10% could make stone of mc" or something like that.

DesJardins

Watch some of my set up vids as that might help with the values for the mode indicator position as well as the 10% minimum throttle for failsafe.

a468bu

Thanks. I watched your videos and I did have it setup like you explained. The gear switch would put the assistant into Gps-Atti-Manual modes. But the sliders were not rock steady and it would jump to the other side to failsafe. I will take another look today when I get home and if I can't figure it out I will take a video and post it tonight to see if you have any ideas. Thanks again

DesJardins

While you are in the different modes just adjust the values until it stops bouncing in and out and is rock steady in the center. The values can be different from transmitter to transmitter especially with the forced failsafe mixing.

Let me know of you need anything!

a468bu

Well the problem is, its not boucing into the failsafe mode next to the mode its in. Its jumping to the failsafe mode between the other 2 modes.

DesJardins

Sounds like you might need to adjust the mixing... as 2 values might be positive while one could be negative in the gear to gear mixing

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Sounds like you might need to adjust the mixing... as 2 values might be positive while one could be negative in the gear to gear mixing

That is a good thought.... +1 on that.

I presume your radio TX is in Aircraft/Acrobatic mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

a468bu

Still can't figure this out. There is no mixing going on. I reassigned the 2 3-postions switchs and it still does it.

DesJardins

What switch do you have it assigned to & can you change it to a different 3 position switch to see if your current one is bad