Officially stumped

SAR39

Hey guys, I typically lurk around here and get the answers I need ( thanks btw) but am really stuck right now. I have been successfully flying the dji naza w/ GPS for a couple months now with a DX7 tx (v. 1.6 2.01). Well, I ordered a ezuhf system with the 8ch diversity rx and a new futaba 10cag tx and it showed up yesterday. I loaded the latest naza 1.8 software and 2.02 firmware and tried all the new tx, ezuhf. Hooked it up to a traditional rx setting and attempted to calibrate the tx to naza. The new tx would not calibrate in naza. Could get naza sliders full right travel but not left, leaving the calibration sliders black, just to the right of center an not calibrating. Hooked up the dx7 tx/ rx and it calibrated just fine. I must be missing something. Anyone with a futaba tx, ezuhf and latest version of naza have any ideas?
Thanks!!!
Dave

kloner

Aerial DP
this is a "trainer port" setting...... if you hold down the button and turn on the power it goes into system menu, roll down to trainer and you want master mode...... is that there?

have you had the tx on and gone into the immersion tools? isn't there a checker there shows live feed what your doing, like tx cali but back a part. i use them in ppm and in traditional and no problems.

there is something about over 8 channels and ezuhf i think,,,, i can't recall specifics, but i'd close the endpoints on ch 9 and 10,,,, make em 0 and 0 and try it again. if the immersion tools shows the bars, it should straighten right up. it has a buffer but i think it wants ppm8 not ppm10

kloner

Aerial DP
with everything on and the ezuhf tx plugged into your usb port, in immersion tools go to Tx PPM diags and them sliders i mentioned are in tx HT PPM diags and look those over

SAR39

I didn't see a master mode in the futaba tx.
I changed my futaba only 7 channels. It only lets me change it to 7 or 10.
Hooked everything up and plugged the USB into the ezuhf tx. Went to the tx ht ppm diags and the 8 green bars are all 1/2 way. I moved the sticks on my transmitter but the green bars didn't move.

Here's what I see in naza and immersion tools config page.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352059093.341106.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352059093.341106.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 317
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352059192.367644.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352059192.367644.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 234

SAR39

I've attempted the calibration in naza dozens of times but it still doesn't center up. All trims, subtrims are 0. The start up tone on the quad changed too after the naza 1.8 2.02 update. It used to beep 2x and then it's du du du du da. Now it beeps 1 time and the du du du du da. Not sure if it matters, but thought I would mention it.
Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
stop trying to run naza, it's setup, any of that......go back to the ezuhf part. You need to open "tx HT PPM diags" and hit read, whatever makes it tell you all teh numbers and get a screen shot of that.

You started with a new model and didn't touch any programing, right? i kept seeing dx-7 and it was the trim menu radio...... got confused myself....

That screen is going to show us if your radio ppm is compatible

SAR39

Couldn't get anything out of tx ht ppm diags but got some #s from tx ppm diags page.
Brand new radio (futaba 10cag) to go with the ezuhf. Started with a new model and only setup the 3position switch.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352066107.389695.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352066107.389695.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 220

kloner

Aerial DP
ok, those look great. how is naza hooked up to this thing? ppm? if not, wire it up like that. You have to hook the receiver up to immersion tools and enable ppm, mikorocopter mode on ch1, run that wire to x2 and enable ppm in naza assistant

Were using a nice new fresh model in the radio, right? Airplane mode?

SAR39

It's setup traditionally. I'll change it over to ppm and see what happens. Yup, new model in airplane mode.
Thanks for helping me out with this! Really appreciate it!

SAR39

Ok, changed it all (rx and naza assistant) over to ppm and its not liking it. The channels are all mixed up and the cfg-err8 is lit.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352070088.760386.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352070088.760386.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 284

kloner

Aerial DP
man, we need a futaba 10 guy....

why is it coming through like spektrum? throttle is on elevator? move it back to 10 channel and see if that stays...... something is weird

That config error will go away when the throttle is on the right channel and it's calibrated again

SAR39

Yeah, this is kicking my a$$. Any way to clear the naza and install 1.6 2.01? I'd have to hook it back to traditional, but maybe it'll work.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, if you had naza, it is already on your pc, open that version assistant and it'll change the firmware to it. if not, there is a few guys that've stockpiled em but i don't know the links

SAR39

Ok, I think my prob is in the naza assistant. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.8 version. Changed everything back to traditional and was able to calibrate my futaba 10cag with ezuhf. I calibrated it a few times, set up my 3way switch (GPS, atti, failsafe) and exited. Hooked everything back up and went back into assistant and my calibration was off, not held, saved ect... And my GPS position in my 3way switch was off too.
Going to uninstall and re install again. Hopefully one of these times it'll hold.

SAR39

Well, I slapped everything back together, reinstalled assistant 1.8 and reconfigured everything on the fc. The sliders wouldn't get to green during calibration (1/64" off) but said fu€k it and flew it anyway. It flew GREAT! Better than it did before. Solid as a rock. RTH, GPS, Home Lock, Course Lock and gains on the dial channel worked perfectly. We'll see how it does in the long run. Thanks again, Kloner, for helping me out!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352158574.171892.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352158574.171892.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 277

kloner

Aerial DP
weird. Those are suppose to center and turn green when you click finish... oh well, have fun!

SAR39

Yeah, it's weird. Never had a prob before. Emailed DJI and they said to keep cycling the power. Didn't help. After searching the net last night, there are others with the same prob. Have 2 successful flights so far. Took it about 1/4 mi away and it was happy. Will prob order the ezosd soon.