Wont return home and land - GPS or Fail Safe mode

gencode

Or just call me

Name is also Ed

Gencode that is not true. You can do it. It will require a mix in your transmitter for a switch or if you turn off the Tx or loose signal with a AR 7XXX receiver set up with a Preset Failsafe it will RTH. Like I said, if you want to talk let me know.

P.S. I owned a Dx8 and sold it to a friend. It was ok but I like my 9503 a lot better especially with a lipo to power it. It is a personal preference. I liked the knob but the rest of the Tx left me cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

I was able to use the flaps to switch to home lock
Now the
Gear changes from GPS or A
and
Flaps change from Home Lock to Course Lock

Is that enough to do it?

I would think I need it on Home lock when throttle up so it will record the position.

Ed,

Last edited by a moderator:

gencode

This guy seems to have it working with a DX6i
But I really don't understand what he's saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKedPufe08

Gencode that is not true. You can do it. It will require a mix in your transmitter for a switch or if you turn off the Tx or loose signal with a AR 7XXX receiver set up with a Preset Failsafe it will RTH. Like I said, if you want to talk let me know.

P.S. I owned a Dx8 and sold it to a friend. It was ok but I like my 9503 a lot better especially with a lipo to power it. It is a personal preference. I liked the knob but the rest of the Tx left me cold.

gencode

Well this works great, even with my AR6115 Rx
When I flip on the failsafe(Mix) it goes to fail safe mode, comes home and lands but does not protect against Tx loss if signal/power because shutting down the Tx does not change to fail safe.
This is cool cause I can return home if I get lost or out of sight so its better than nothing and my fpv has the shorter range over Tx/fpv

This guy seems to have it working with a DX6i
But I really don't understand what he's saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKedPufe08

Tahoe Ed

Gencode you can set a mix to force Failsafe and it does work well even with the AR6115. The problem will be if you ever loose the signal from the Tx. If you fly conservatively and in LOS you shouldn't have any problems.

gencode

yes, the mix now sets the failsafe and I can manually enter it if I ever loss FPV signal or line of sight, I took it to the park and it worked perfect, landed the exact spot, it worked great!!!

To take care of the Rx signal the guys at Roswell Flight Crew mentioned I could try this $7 solution, it looks like it will do the job.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20618

Gencode you can set a mix to force Failsafe and it does work well even with the AR6115. The problem will be if you ever loose the signal from the Tx. If you fly conservatively and in LOS you shouldn't have any problems.

Tahoe Ed

Look at the second comment. I don't think that you want that in-between your receiver and the Naza. Your choice, but I would not do it.

gencode

Blah, yea sounds like a bad product.

If in the future I want Rx loss failsafe I guess I would need to upgrade the Tx/Rx but this solves my current fpv/line of sight worries. Thanks so much for the help, Ed,

Look at the second comment. I don't think that you want that in-between your receiver and the Naza. Your choice, but I would not do it.