RC Timer Carbon Fiber props

ovdt

Hey Guys,

While surfing on RC Timer, I just realized they now offer CW / CCW Carbon fiber props, which are reasonably priced:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=704&productname=

pairs cost $42. Each prop costs around $10,5.

They lack of sizes. The bigger one is 15 x 4.5:
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=702&productname=

Has anyone tried one of these? These guys are offering some products rediciously cheap, besides I don't know the quality of these props.

mailman35

i got a set of them(10x4.5), and i must say i do like for what they are mainly cheaper and easier to get then graupners. :p
they do need some balancing but they fly pretty good. i thought i had my set balanced but after some video today i have a bit of fine turning left to do.

i got another set on the way for a little sporty dji clone that im putting together using a knock off frame, and a set of 2212 1400kv motors.

DennyR

I have tried these same props from another source. I guess there is a little outfit in China beavering away and knocking them out at a good price. Making carbon props is very labour intensive. I also got a cheap hexa from RC Timer. Definitely not out of the same mold as DJI but a good quality knock off. Nothing is sacred out there!!!

ovdt

I will try those 15" props on Tiger MT2814, they are probably big for this motor but, I can use them on MT2820 incase it doesn't work as I expected. Tiger 2814s can easily rotate 14x4 props which are currently installed. Also will order some 12x3.8" to see the quality.

kloner

Aerial DP
if you thought this was expensive before, wait till your going through hundreds or thousand dollar frames.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
The 15 inch would too large for even a large octo (e.g. HL Droidworx). In terms of frames, I have decided that building your own from wood is the only way to go. Why spend a $k when you can get basically the same thing for under $20? I have both and I can tell you as nice as a droidworx frame is, beyond the upfront cost, if you have a crash the cost of replacing parts on the droidworx/cs frame is steep. i can easily rebuild the entire frame for the cost of one high tech component.

mailman35

yeah im thikning of starting with a pvc frame and then expanding from that, as with the pvc i can build 2 at the same time give or take

BravoGolf

Navigator
I'm attempting revive this thread in the hopes that someone has some feedback one way or the other on theses carbon props fro rctimer?

Anyone?

BG

Trike

I picked up a set of 12x3.8's for my hexa. They all needed balancing, some more than others. The hubs were pretty out of balance and I haven't balanced that part yet. but even with them balanced tip to tip, they vibrated a lot. I went back to my apc SF props and vibes went away. I'll try balancing the part and see if it'll help.

BravoGolf

Navigator
I picked up a set of 12x3.8's for my hexa. They all needed balancing, some more than others. The hubs were pretty out of balance and I haven't balanced that part yet. but even with them balanced tip to tip, they vibrated a lot. I went back to my apc SF props and vibes went away. I'll try balancing the part and see if it'll help.

Trike,

Thanks, this is exactly the info I was looking for. I'm putting together a hexa calling for same size props. I don't feel like messing around with these, at this point, so info was helpful. Maybe at a later date.

appreciate it,

BG

mailman35

eh the ones i got arent that bad even with minimal balancing. but then again you have to worry about balance with all props.
for the price they are worth it, the slight downside is the 7mm max hub size. but thats as easy as getting new adapters.

even graupners need to be balanced some alot more then others.