Hoverfly Just got "Auto-Level" working - WOW!

We've been shooting video with a Cinestar 8 and a Hoverfly Pro for the past couple of weeks and have been very happy with the results, while only using the manual flying mode.

This evening I finally had some time and calm weather to get the "auto-level" feature set up. Wow! Talk about flying flat. For tricky slow precise moves, I can see where this feature would be very useful. I was doing some nice slow arching shots with ease. With further testing, I'll see if it would be helpful for tracking fast moving subjects.

I think I'm becoming a big fan of Hoverfly.

all the best,
Benjamin Rowland

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ben,
What did you end up using for your travel adjustment setting? I'm using 39 and am very happy with the results. I think the initial setting that they recommend (25) makes the auto-level too aggressive and difficult to fly well.
Glad it's working out for you.
Bart

Ben,
What did you end up using for your travel adjustment setting? I'm using 39 and am very happy with the results. I think the initial setting that they recommend (25) makes the auto-level too aggressive and difficult to fly well.
Glad it's working out for you.
Bart

Oddly, mine is at 110 on a Futaba. NOTE: That particular channel is NOT reversed in my setup. I'm going to experiment further though. It is flying well at 110 in manual, but I'm not dead set on leaving it there. When I really feel like I've nailed it down, I'll share all of my settings. I wouldn't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ok,maybe there's a difference in setting for JR vs. Futaba? I've got a JR 9503 and used the recommended +25/-25 to start out on the manual/auto-level switch. manual is mushy beyond 30 or so, and auto-level feels great around 39.

With mine set at 25, it teetered back and forth and nearly flipped. In the manual it states that with Futaba, all the channels should be reversed. I only reversed channels 1 through 4 (the sticks). As I experiment more with it, I'll report back. A few details about my aircraft: It's a CS8 with APC slowfly props 14x4.7 and quadrocopter motors. I'm going to be trying out Xoar props soon.