Hot Rodded my f450

mailman35

just like kloner, i have it mounted with only 2 bolts, but i had to use a small dremmel to sand the bigger round holes out a bit more for the lower locking ring.
and the esc's ran cool on both 3s and 4s. hell even on 3s it finially has enough kick to shoot off like a rocket.
i ended up having a little crash when i was out giving it a test flight, ( i neglected to grind down 2 flat spots on the motor shaft so that the grapner 4mm - 8mm prop adapter could fit and lock in to place)

ended up just breaking a prop, but after a replacement and it flew quite well, it actually holds better with more weight now. :p
waiting to try out the sunnysky 2814/11's 1250kv.

also have noticed that the quad is a lot quieter at hover, vs with the stock dji's

a worthwhile upgrade tho :p

mailman35

i did but later and at home, the harmonics have totally changed, and when i went out to the field i forgot the sd card in my laptop, so no video.
its like night and day tho :p
its also pretty cool to watch the prop wash on the grass :p

tstrike

pendejo grande
Figures, my new motors have a 5mm shaft and the only 5mm adapter I see listed is 13 dollars, I'll figure something else out on mounting the graupners. Amazing how much BIGGER these are...
View attachment 3558

Attachments

• new motors.jpg
    new motors.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 241

tstrike

pendejo grande
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for, I'll poke around and see if I can source some 8mm od x 5mm id tube locally. I'm in no big hurry as I've only got one set of graupners with a spare for each direction, the cheap props I got for bashing around fit the motor like a glove.