Cant decide between 550 or 450

Hey guys, first time on here, i want to get a dji copter but i cant decide if its worth it to get the 550 and buy the goodies to finish it from dji or to grab a 450 arf... Id be mounting my gopro under via x468 mount and possibly my digital cam, standard issue nikon. Im not surr if ill run 4s or 3s i already have 5 3s for my trex... What are your thoughts/benefits is the hexa more than i need?. Thanks again

Elliott

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

rsun

Is it only for FPV I would go for the 450 with the naza....

If you are thinking about some arial stuff go for the 550 and the Wookong...

just how I would do it.... ;-)

Thanks upon my hours of interweb obsession lol i will go 450, later and with more money possibly the s800 and wookong, just have to see where the hobby takes me... My helicopters pretty much have taken over ha, my trucks mever get used anymore... Anyone wanna buy an scx 10 or xr 10 lol

mailman35

i wouldn't mind getting in to trucks or buggies, just dunno where to look :p but some of the foam core flying wings look so sweet

kloner

Aerial DP
and if your serious, i'd consider grabbing a set now cause them lefts go out of stock pretty fast, takes forever to get em back.

that is graupner usa he linked you to

Likely a total noob question but, if i ordering props, no matter the amount of engines is it always half spin one way and half the other.... IE 3 and 3

Tahoe Ed

You are correct. When I order props, I always order an extra pair, CW and CCW. Nothing worse than breaking a prop and having to wait for a week to get them replaced. P.S. I think you made the right decision with the F450. The F550 will be good and also available as an ARF, but two more of everything to break or have something to go wrong.

Likely a total noob question but, if i ordering props, no matter the amount of engines is it always half spin one way and half the other.... IE 3 and 3

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Eh Up Ellott000

Welcome to MRF. Good choice for your first MR. Just watch the Graupners their sharp.

Where in the world are you?

I prefer the F550 hexa over the F450 for any and everything. Just an all around better setup.

Horses for courses! Thats ok if you are flying out of a car! It ant so easy to lash on a rucsac though! ;-)

Dave

Where in the world am i, vancouver bc CANADA yo. Graupners are sharp eh, very nice i walked over to my trex550when it was spooling down when i first got into the whole heli hobby and reached in to slow the head from the button, my leg got a little close and nicked it...lol, ill stay away from these blades

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Where in the world am i, vancouver bc CANADA yo

UK..well Finland at the moment. its just nice to know where everyone is.. you can add it in your profile so we can see your geographical location.

Good luck with the build.

Dave