Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

MultiHexa

I'm having the same problems with my software/firmware as some of the others here. Two friends of mine have also the problem with the software update.
Since we will probably have to wait for a new version until George has solved the problem.

flybee

Hello George!

Thank you for this new firmeware C055 - I just tested it on my okto with AV200 and eos 550d (image stabilization OFF) (-8°). The Picloc works perfekt without Servo Jitter!!!

Thank you!

Best regards
Bernhard
Austria

Acmach5

Hey, Just a quick post to maybe help some others having my problem. My primary problem was Picloctoolz crashing a few seconds after connecting. This was with the new firmware and new Picloctoolz c055. So what I did and it has been running perfectly ever since. I connect and quickly before it crashes I click the big red "Factory Default" button. Not at all a problem for me as I'm setting up for the first time. If this fixes the issue it is probably still the fastest and best way to get up and running again. The other issues I was having along with my toolz crashing was no servo output even when Stabilization was checked under functions. In fact if I checked the box they would uncheck themselves in about 4-5 seconds. Anyway. Let me know if this helps anybody.

holco

Today I was helping a friend with his 1 day old picloc pro, we started at 10:00 am and at 16:00 pm I gave up :(
Tried everything but there was no way to get it right.

Acmach5

Ah, Yes, and as soon as I shut down the program or save anything mine crashes again too. Don't think there is a way around this one for a user.

Had a brief email exchange with George last night. His work schedule will prevent him from doing much for the next few days. He suggested to make sure the update is done on a Windows machine- but that's all I've been using for multi-rotor software so that's not the problem. I don't think it's hardware related. I'm convinced it's a C005 software/firmware bug. The prior version of .55 and .55 Toolz worked fine. I would just revert back to that but the SLEW mode is non-functional...

The wait to get this thing going is brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acmach5

I don't mind using the old firmware/toolz for now. Does anybody have a copy of picloctoolz .55 I can have? I didn't download it in time and now the only one available is the buggy one. I can just reload the old firmware but I need the older software? Anybody?

Thanks

blattsalat

Hi,

I am just testing the PicLoc 3x pro and having the same issue: Tool crashes after some seconds. However, to hit "factory default" works for me, too.
But still this is not how it should be.. by the way I am getting no readout on the JETI box.

Last edited by a moderator:

DKTek

Okay, George, I've discovered something interesting about this issue. When I connect the PicLoc (with v.C005 firmware uploaded into it via Flash Magic) to the Toolz (also v.C005) it connects and reads data fine for 10 to 15 seconds. Then the error appears with various values. But if I quickly press continue and then very quickly (before the next error window is displayed) disable continuous updates it allows Toolz to keep running. The odd thing is that if I then re-enable continuous updates it reads and displays data fine and no more error messages appear. I can edit and change values, save to EEPROM and all seems to work fine. But if I disconnect and reconnect the errors re-appear.

I have duplicated Seattles find, but you have to be fast. By that, I mean have the mouse cursor repositioned over the "continous updates" button in Toolz and use the TAB on the keyboard to select the "continue" button. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard and immediately left click the mouse to deselect "continuous updates". You want just a slight delay between the entries. You may have to try it a couple of times as I did to beat the error prompt.

Once you do that, give it about 10 seconds. If the error doesn't reappear, then as Seattle says, "The odd thing is that if I then re-enable continuous updates it reads and displays data fine and no more error messages appear. I can edit and change values, save to EEPROM and all seems to work fine."

Ok, I have the same issue with the error message appearing in about 20 seconds after the "connect" button is pressed.. However I have another issue with getting the trimmed radio channels to affect the servo output for my Tilt and Roll.

I can clearly see the bars moving according to my assigned radio potentiometers in the "radio tab" (I use separate channels setup), but can not get the value to affect the bars showing servo output.

Am I doing something wrong? Worked fine with the previous FW, and I probably missed some setting of the slides or checkboxes in the new FW.. Any hint would be nice..

//Lars

Skysurf

I know this is "off topic" ... but is there any change to the orientation options for picloc? ie. can it be mounted upside down etc.?

I don't think this is off topic. I am also waiting for this - would simplify installation a a lot.

Jesper

dr ray

dr ray
Hi George
I also back from the road.

Good news C.055. "On the table" both, STD and PRO seems to work perfektly. No crashing with tools. I even killed a lipo, playing around a hole afternun, but i have to say, just indoor testing!
I can not realy say, way and what i did different, on the end. I think, very important to follow georges manual and to toogle and play with all !! the new functions thruogh. To be honest, I played all functions through, even clicked through the whole IMU.
And on the very end (i added step 3.d) i clicked "continious update" and from this point on i got my STD allready runnig.
Then eeprom save.
I am running STD and Pro with :i1 - i5 RX CH input

There is one thing george, switching from manual pan to pan stabilization, with aux2, or aux1, is quite harsh on the 360 pan servo. Is there a way to smoothen that out?

thank george,
i like the detail of the different color of 360 servo in servo-output!

holco

dr ray,

There seems to be two hardware versions of the Pro, I have the first version witch one do you have?

I helped a friend with his (last version) Pro but there was no way to get it running.