Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
George if you want any private info removed please tell me, Although i would prefer that Dr Ray does it himself !

Regards

Boris

Guys I know that we are all anxious to get our Picloc's units up and running. But in order to let George do his job we need to give him some time.

I propose we give George a few days break so he can iron out all the bugs in the firmware. I am sure no one wants a rushed firmware on his unit.

GeorgeM

@BorisS... remove the txt file that was just posted.

@redridinghood ... thanks for your kind words. No need for Break.... Firmware was tested as an upgrade from build 0055, and as long as the steps mentioned in the text on my site are followed, then it should be easy play.

@Dr.Rey (LOL!!..Hyperlink << ) ... let me know this worked for you now !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

dr ray

dr ray
The Pro is working so far, in toolz, cool, looks nice. STD i am still trying....but runnig out of free time, need to live alone. For cuple days.
One less, pulling your nervs...:)
sorry about the .txt file. I`m a ruki in this things, just a enduser of you produkt.

have a nice day

ray

GeorgeM

Hmmm... this is very strange Dr Ray. So Pro is working for you but Std no ?? Please download again, and re-load the firmware just in case something was not ok with the firmware upload.
I made a quick extra double check fix on the STD firmware right now due to point #2 mentioned below:

Hmmm..#2 ... STD does not have a Mag... so try not to toggle the "Magnetometer is used" tickbox

GeorgeM

@seattle_helo: No Problem... you can ! If its not resolved, I'd really like to share a Skype with you and resolve this issue this evening. Technically, it should not be happening, and that makes me even more eager to solve this ASAP.

Very good. I'm not in my shop at the moment but I'll do this ASAP. Just to clarify, I *can not* use flash magic to install the C055 hex file, correct?

GeorgeM

Sorry for late reply...was on the road...
I meant.. Yes. OF COURSE...;) you can go back to 0.55 and forth without issues USING flash magic.

Okay, I reverted to v0.55 PRO firmware with Flash Magic. Then I follow your procedure but after doing an EEPROM save it does not change to the C005 firmware. It shows 0055. Also strange, the unit is a PRO but Toolz (v.C055) shows the PicLoc as standard (STD) and disables the magnetometer. Very frustrating. I guess we need to do a Skype session.

holco

Is there any of you guys with good results with the last new firmware and the MKS-787 servo's ?

For now I have build back in the BLS-451 servo's and I am a little bit
anxious for going back to the 787 servo's,
even with the mount control from the MK-fc they where jittering like hell.

Hi,
Did i understand right, that i have to do a normal update with Flash Magic from Version 055 to C055.
Install PL Toolz c055 on my PC,open it and follow the steps on Georges Homepage ?

Regards Jochen

GeorgeM

Hi Jochen... Yes.. correct. Follow those steps and it should be alright.

It has not been alright, however, for around 4 people.
The first error that PiclocToolz throws is......bla bla bla...255. and this is after about 10-15 seconds of running.
Seems that when this happens, the data is filling in slowly in the fields, and not at the usual speed.

I have just been on Skype with one of these 4 people right now, and have not yet found a solution to this issue.
Just want you all to know that I'm trying hard to understand why this has happened.
On the other hand, I've got some nice emails telling me what an improvement this firmware has brought, and that the upgrade to new firmware went without a hitch.

Thanks... hope to have some good news soon.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Been a little bit out of the picloc picture since i am very happy with the performance of my CS gimbal with picloc giving it life. Was just reading through 055 but couldnt really find an answer. If i am using picloc only for Tilt an Roll Stabi should I switch to 055 or no big changes that i should worry about if I am happy anyways ?

Thanks

Boris

Okay, George, I've discovered something interesting about this issue. When I connect the PicLoc (with v.C005 firmware uploaded into it via Flash Magic) to the Toolz (also v.C005) it connects and reads data fine for 10 to 15 seconds. Then the error appears with various values. But if I quickly press continue and then very quickly (before the next error window is displayed) disable continuous updates it allows Toolz to keep running. The odd thing is that if I then re-enable continuous updates it reads and displays data fine and no more error messages appear. I can edit and change values, save to EEPROM and all seems to work fine. But if I disconnect and reconnect the errors re-appear.

Boris, if I were you I would not do anything yet until George knows definitively why some of the units are not functioning well with v.C005.

DKTek

During my trouble shooting, I reloaded V.055 and connected to C055 Toolz. It worked fine and everything populated as usual with the old fw and new toolz. I didn't have to mess with anything.

Then I loaded v.C005 and I am able to duplicate seattle helo's results....exactly. My picloc pro was modded by removing the R2 and bridging the gap.

George, is there a way for those of us that are having issues to determine what batch our boards came from? Maybe there's something in that...

Acmach5

I'm having the same problems with my software/firmware as some of the others here. Glad to have found this thread. I had a little contact with George too. Well, I will wait patiently while this gets this sorted out. I have FC's to work on anyway.