Droiders WMK F460 frame build

rwilabee

That is interesting. I definately won't have to do that. I just found out that they do make a card for me to program the parameters of the Hobby Wing ESCs so I think I will order it.

Rich

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
has anyone got a pic of one arm off each frame side by side as a comparison

the flame wheel and the xaircraft

just curious as to sizes etc

if not

Dave any chance of asking Geoff if he could snap a quick pic

thanks keith

rwilabee

My guess is going to be about 100mm as I was thinking the Flame Wheel is 450mm and my XAircraft is 550mm motor center to motor center

Rich

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
It aint compatible! IT aint the same company.

Any how herea a quick vis of my completed build.. Please feel free to post any questions

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ rwllabee 450mm!

Keith.uk - no if the camera is where it is shooting 9 what ever it is. If its 720 wide then yes BUT the camera can be mounted the other way up no mither. I have a couple of blocks of wood I use as take off raisers and just catch land it.

Dave

rwilabee

Dave did you use liquid tape on the solder connections on the bottom plate or just leave them exposed.

Rich

@ rwllabee 450mm!

Keith.uk - no if the camera is where it is shooting 9 what ever it is. If its 720 wide then yes BUT the camera can be mounted the other way up no mither. I have a couple of blocks of wood I use as take off raisers and just catch land it.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

keith.uk

Dave
I follow you - I think! It's okay if you're shooting at 960p - i.e. the old 4:3 TV size - but not if you're shooting in any of the 16:9 modes. Is that it?

I think I'll need a bit of practice for the catch landing. One thing I have wondered: what happens if you get a finger caught in one of those props?!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I follow you - I think! It's okay if you're shooting at 960p - i.e. the old 4:3 TV size - but not if you're shooting in any of the 16:9 modes. Is that it?

I think I'll need a bit of practice for the catch landing. One thing I have wondered: what happens if you get a finger caught in one of those props?!

Catching is no mither. Made me sen a take of box now.. am practicing the landings back to the box rather than risk the fingers on them Graupners!

Just setting her up for FPV.. Ill post a pic when I have done..

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now I have got my landing sorted with the underslung GoPro I needed to have something I can put in a bike pack or rucsac to make takeoff less of a faff.. afterall a bucket or box aint very practical... so new drop off take off gear made. I now simply place 450 on take off pillars fly the shot then catch land.. working on a light weight something to help with the catch landings to keep them Graupners away from my pinkies now..

attachment.php

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Nice! I'm just starting a new FPV F450 build tonight, so I could also do with landing gear!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Which FC u going for?

I LOVE this beastie.. I just had it up in the yard in gale force 8/9 and its was all over the place.. well within a 6 foot radius... UP, DOWN & SIDIWISE and which ever else way u can imagine but it still stayed there hands off.. bloomin amazing

Just booked a skiing holiday to Finland and am busy writing my to take list...

Starting with the 450 and GoPro2 at the TOP!

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Doing a Naza FPV setup. See my other post :)

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwilabee

Looks like someone came up with a gopro mount and landing gear for the F450. Saw it posted here http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t677198p1/

Rich

Now I have got my landing sorted with the underslung GoPro I needed to have something I can put in a bike pack or rucsac to make takeoff less of a faff.. afterall a bucket or box aint very practical... so new drop off take off gear made. I now simply place 450 on take off pillars fly the shot then catch land.. working on a light weight something to help with the catch landings to keep them Graupners away from my pinkies now..

attachment.php

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks like someone came up with a gopro mount and landing gear for the F450. Saw it posted here http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t677198p1/

Rich

Hi Rich thanks for that. We think that is the new DJI mock up..

I dont want the exta weight and wind catching gimbal on mine. Its for lashing on a bacpac to take biking / skiing ect. I dont want the drag or the compensation for what I want to shoot. Thence the take of pillars.. I can catch land no mither..

I have now also moved the GPS and mounted it on the frame with out any lack of performance,

Best
Dave

rwilabee

Dave that makes sense to keep it as light as possible to transport on a bike. I'm keeping my F450 with the NAZA stock as I'm hoping it will be able to do aerobatics. I have just finished it up and will fly it around for a bit to get the feel and orientation down before trying any aerobatics. I'm really spoiled with the WKM on my other quad. I'm just not sure if I'll need to fly in manual or att mode for the aerobatics. In att mode it might fight me for control but not sure.

Hi Rich thanks for that. We think that is the new DJI mock up..

I dont want the exta weight and wind catching gimbal on mine. Its for lashing on a bacpac to take biking / skiing ect. I dont want the drag or the compensation for what I want to shoot. Thence the take of pillars.. I can catch land no mither..

I have now also moved the GPS and mounted it on the frame with out any lack of performance,

Best
Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave that makes sense to keep it as light as possible to transport on a bike. I'm keeping my F450 with the NAZA stock as I'm hoping it will be able to do aerobatics. I have just finished it up and will fly it around for a bit to get the feel and orientation down before trying any aerobatics. I'm really spoiled with the WKM on my other quad. I'm just not sure if I'll need to fly in manual or att mode for the aerobatics. In att mode it might fight me for control but not sure.

GOOD luck in manual!... Take a deep breath flick the switch and let the Gods look after your thumbs.. fly it as you were in it not looking at it! hope u got some spare props!

Good luck

Dave