3DR anyone else having problems??

anyone else having issues with 3DR... Placed an order April 8th, heard a ton of promises that it would ship the 13 of April but so far nothing has shipped and my CC has not been charged.

Vermiform

I'd imagine they are experiencing some growing pains. It's also been a busy month for them. Have you tried calling them?

Yup called week ago Tuesday past and was told it will ship in the next couple of days.... This is what I have come to expect from Chinese retailers, had hoped for better from an American company, wrong....

Old Man

Call them back and ask to speak with Vu Tran. He manages customer service. It may well be the NAB show tied up most of their personnel, setting every thing back a bit. Normally 3DR is pretty on top of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call them back and ask to speak with Vu Tran. He manages customer service. It may well be the NAB show tied up most of their personnel, setting every thing back a bit. Normally 3DR is pretty on top of things.

Had an email exchange with Vu over 2 weeks ago and he promised that it would ship that Tuesday..... Still nothing after 2 weeks...

Ok just got off the phone with 3DR. Tried to talk to Vu, unavailable, spoke to someone on the customer care team and reviewed the order, 3 items missing from the order. Seems they quit shipping until they got some inventory issues resolved... This is the 3rd excuse is have heard now.... 3DR is looking like a bit of a clown college at the moment...

Old Man

Using the word"excuse" without being able to verify it as such is pretty harsh. It could well be a reason. Parts get sold to zero stick status all the time. Perhaps you might recall that situation across the country with DJI products a bit over a year ago.

I'm not saying things are right or wrong. Clearly your stuff has yet to be shipped/delivered. If they are telling you they have not shipped then you're not being screwed. They are not lying to you in that respect so likely they are not lying to you in any other respect. It's hard at times but be patient. Like everywhere else the components are manufactured off shore and they have to be shipped and delivered from those sources too.

I've had multiple transactions with 3DR and to date they've always come though. A couple of times I had to wait a couple of weeks for delivery, but they were delivered.

Sometimes we all just have to wait a little longer than we would like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Using the word"excuse" without being able to verify it as such is pretty harsh. It could well be a reason. Parts get sold to zero stick status all the time. Perhaps you might recall that situation across the country with DJI products a bit over a year ago.

I'm not saying things are right or wrong. Clearly your stuff has yet to be shipped/delivered. If they are telling you they have not shipped then you're not being screwed. They are not lying to you in that respect so likely they are not lying to you in any other respect. It's hard at times but be patient. Like everywhere else the components are manufactured off shore and they have to be shipped and delivered from those sources too.

I've had multiple transactions with 3DR and to date they've always come though. A couple of times I had to wait a couple of weeks for delivery, but they were delivered.

Sometimes we all just have to wait a little longer than we would like.

My objection is that given the following letters I was given an expectation that things were moving along in a reasonable and timely manner. When I was told they have no idea when this order would ship I started hearing the following song...
I took the time to confirm stock on all items at time of order.

I prefer to support North American and European enterprise when I buy. I am well aware I can buy a Chinese clone of a pixhawk from HK for substantially less than the 3 DR item. I own a few DJI FCs already and am looking for a FC for a 1200 mm X8. After spending a week of evenings reading the arduro copter related forums I though this looked like a quality way to go as the software is tested and tweaked by such a large community and the hardware is reasonable standard. The DJI units I have do not offer the flexibility of the Arduro package.

Clearly the recent influx of investment money into 3DR has resulted in some SERIOUS growing pains. World class manufactures/merchants work with the customers rather than pilling on the dark and mucky and hope that the customers suck it up.. So in summary if a business chooses to make commitments and then leave them unfulfilled then they are leaving themselves open to criticism .

Ryan (3drobotics)

Apr 20, 12:26 PM

Hello Chris,

Hope your day is going well,

I have requested or the shipping department to add the items that you requested with no additional shipping cost.

We are still under some updates, we are trying everything possible to ship your order asap.

Any other questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

-Ryan
Customer Advocacy Team
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(858) 225-1414

Amanda (3drobotics)

Apr 22, 4:25 PM

Hello Mr.Sykes,

This is Amanda from 3D Robotics customer support, I hope your day is going well!

I have great news for you, your order R827428602 has been migrated to the new system and you have a new order number now 1873, I have submitted it in our priority list and also provided you with International Priority shipping, our shipping team is still having a slight delay on shipments, but we're expecting to ship it during the next few days. When it does get shipped you will receive an email notification with the tracking number.

Kind regards.

Amanda Chacón
3D Robotics Customer Care Representative

Old Man

The wait sucks for sure but you'll get what you ordered. For the record, I've built a 1200mm MR and you really don't want to use a DJI controller in it, especially if you plan on using large props. Being an X-8 suggests smaller than 28" props but the Pixhawk will be a vastly superior FC.

I'm waiting for the Pixhawk to get back in stock as well. I placed an order with one of the U.S. vendors and got just about everything I ordered except the Pixhawk itself. Having a personal relationship with the dealer I was informed of the short stock situation early, but not until after the order was placed. The inventory status was still showing as in stock with the distributor at the time. For me there's nothing time critical the delay will impact. I was only charged for what got shipped.

Vermiform

I understand what you mean now and I agree they do need to get their act together; quick, fast and in a hurry. If you are building at the X8 level then I am also guessing that time is money for you. Good luck.

Vermiform

I'm waiting for the Pixhawk to get back in stock as well. I placed an order with one of the U.S. vendors and got just about everything I ordered except the Pixhawk itself. Having a personal relationship with the dealer I was informed of the short stock situation early, but not until after the order was placed. The inventory status was still showing as in stock with the distributor at the time. For me there's nothing time critical the delay will impact. I was only charged for what got shipped.

Readymaderc is showing them in stock.

dazzab

I hate hearing stories like these. 3D Robotics is a unique business that really has done the impossible. A bright spark kid from Mexico and a magazine editor get together to make flying robots by using open hardware designed by a University team in Switzerland and software developed by a group of super nerds interested in auto pilots. What could possibly go wrong? I know it's very frustrating when orders go wrong and nothing I could say would help out with that. They do seem to go from strength to strength so let's hope they get whatever is causing such issue worked out before they alienate too many customers.

I got this from 3DR Thursday... As of Saturday Morning the order has not shipped, on the up side my CC has not been charged either.. As I said before this is looking like a clown college rather than a business...

Apr 28 at 9:39 AM

Amanda (3DR)

Apr 30 at 11:23 AM
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Amanda (3drobotics)

Apr 30, 10:23 AM

Hello again Mr *****,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, I just checked the status of your order 1873 and I do see it has not been shipped yet.

I also wanted to write you personally and apologize for our poor execution in order fulfillment. We are upgrading our inventory, fulfillment, and accounting systems. The plan was to stop shipping on 3/31, do inventory count, upgrade the fulfillment and accounting system, and then resume shipping on 4/3. Unfortunately, we ran into some unforeseen issues that have kept us from meeting that schedule. We are shipping again, but not as fast as we planned.

I am writing you this email because I want to apologize. While it is my number one goal to ship as fast as possible, I fear that with the slow ramp up speed, we may not get to ship your order until today or tomorrow. We are working around the clock to fulfill all orders but the likely scenario is that your order will not ship out until then.

We will be happy to provide you with a refund for your $34.30 you had originally paid for the priority shipping.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Old Man

Another up side is they appear to be attempting to keep you informed of where things are at. Things should come together soon. The upcoming Solo release is likely adding to distribution issues.

On a side note, if you want to experience truly screwed up shipping and product delivery issues you should take a look at military/government grade UAV logistical processes. 4 to 6 month delays are common, along with the complete disappearance of entire aircraft in the logistical chain, not to mention receiving parts that were in no way associated with the order placed. I know that's no help but it could be worse. You could be waiting for a warranty claim or repair for a DJI product.

They are attempting to keep me informed I do agree but they keep making commitments and not following through, bad business IMHO. I worked for a number of years building tools and parts for Boeing and the like. Deliveries had to be made on time or there were serious issues. I realize that this taints my expectations. But is it really too much to ask that an organization follow through on commitments they have made?

Oh and yes I have waited on DJI warranty, might be a reason I am not going back ....

Old Man

It would be a lot better for customer relations for any company to ship what was ordered quickly. If a product was not in stock they should not accept an order and make notification of the inventory status. I certainly appreciate where you're coming from. Excuses wear thin quickly.

scotth

I ordered a rather pricey set of retracts from Aeronavics last week and paid in full as required. Received an email saying the order was sent to the warehouse 5 days ago to be prepared for dispatch. Today I called to see if it had shipped and was told they were waiting on a part which should arrive in another week or more. Would have been nice to know that up front.

I have also ordered from Aeronavics, my experience was they shipped about a week after receipt of payment, communication was so so.

Also ordered an Av 200 from photo higher... Didn't ship as promised, nor did they respond to 3 emails. I had to threaten a paypal nonshipping seller to get a response ...

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
On a side note, if you want to experience truly screwed up shipping and product delivery issues you should take a look at military/government grade UAV logistical processes.
We lost an entire Kawasaki Mule somewhere in Kandahar :confused:

I ordered a rather pricey set of retracts from Aeronavics last week and paid in full as required. Received an email saying the order was sent to the warehouse 5 days ago to be prepared for dispatch. Today I called to see if it had shipped and was told they were waiting on a part which should arrive in another week or more. Would have been nice to know that up front.

Ugh, don't remind me. We ordered a Super Skyjib in July of last year and got it in December... it was built by a different company, but at least a couple of those months were waiting for parts from Aeronavics.