Photohigher Halo 8 & Halo 2000

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'll show us what it does cause i'm curious too.... when this thing was designed a u5 or 3520/4014 was the biggest motor available.... that all changed this season. when something is out of the manufacturers chart you become a test pilot and that's what i do best

Kloner Yeager.... Hell yea... No guts no glory! Better to burn out than to fade away!
All I am saying is VIDEo PLEASE!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Your the man Kloner. Can't wait to see your thoughts on it given your experience and I will happily eat all my words if it proves to be as good as some think.

Clogz

Skunking about...
Beautifully crafted frame - What size batteries are you planning on using to feed these motors?

kloner

Aerial DP
were starting off with pairs of 10 amp but it'll do pairs of 16's or 22 amp packs by the time it's in service.....

kloner

Aerial DP
I've been building it out the last three days, hope to hover it later today and will take some pictures of it. we weighed it out and it's 16lbs just the complete airframe/LG so its definately on track to fit the 1/3 principle..... auw is expected to be 55 lbs.....

I did change it over to t-motor u7 so that took some time to get swapped out, ya know, it's all fun and games till.....

kloner

Aerial DP
the motors are a fixed deal kinda like the hexacrafter. that graph is money, so much better than i've gotten my hex.... where it has seperation is where i was yawing. if you look at the begining, it's 43 - 45% that's with a full payload. my hex is within 5% and i thought that was good.

one weird thing i must be doing cause all three superX have it, the bottom where it has heading and terrestrial magnetism, see how shakey the red line is, all mine look like that and all the ones i see uploaded are all smooth, wish i knew wth that is.

Mojave

the motors are a fixed deal kinda like the hexacrafter. that graph is money, so much better than i've gotten my hex.... where it has seperation is where i was yawing. if you look at the begining, it's 43 - 45% that's with a full payload. my hex is within 5% and i thought that was good.

one weird thing i must be doing cause all three superX have it, the bottom where it has heading and terrestrial magnetism, see how shakey the red line is, all mine look like that and all the ones i see uploaded are all smooth, wish i knew wth that is.

Ya 2% is better than 5% I get that. I wonder what the deal is with the magnetism - must be your magnetic personality!

kloner

Aerial DP
i hope so.... i'm thinking it's the 20 amp hours of packs,,,,,and what there made out of/with.... dunno how to test that theory.

scotth

Looks like a 5º+ swing over the span of a few seconds in some places, no? That seems like a lot. Can you bring a handheld compass or magnetic probe in close enough to the batteries, etc. with the ship chocked and throttles up to see if there is any effect?

kloner

Aerial DP
that is yaw keeping the nose in one direction.... the big thing to see is that 4 motors go up, 4 motors go down, not one motor way up, one motor way down or two, etc.

I don't even own a magnetic compass to do something with and if i did how would you tell between shaking or an actual problem when you got blades spinning 3' from the center. This thing is massive, 1500mm with 17" props.... it growls pretty good when it's up, can't imagine it with another 16lbs, don't think it has the thrust to do it and stay below 60% hover, maybe it does,,,, sure sags the battery pretty good

scotth

Ah ok that makes sense. Still though, I would think that the current draw from those motors could create a magnetic disturbance... I know when we swing compasses in aircraft you are supposed to have everything turned on. I had an old 210 once with a generator and the compass would swing with rpm changes...

kloner

Aerial DP
All my rigs have t-motor cf props, and all the pucks are out on the arms towards the props.... maybe that has something to do with it, or the motors themselves. There all u7 or 3520 so there all over 1000 watt motors. You don't see it in the footage.... it's just a graph thing. Yea, we set the heading instrument in the piper the same way, 2000 rpm.

kloner

Aerial DP
took this thing out for a real maiden, 40 mph, 30 degrees, let the atti gain get away from me in transport, really hate putting it on a dial, gotta get it to a trim like i was able to in my 8j but 8fgs just does'nt have the trim tab to assign it to....

the fpv cameras not hooked up yet, next trip out i'll get some train tracks going fpv. Gotta get some hours logged on it to have it compliant to fly gigs.

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_10_02_192837.500_9.1.04.39

http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_10_02_192837.500_8.3.02.57