XAircraft OSD + FPV Wiring Question

wbrownj

So I just got my Fat Shark Attitudes together with f/s 250mw Tx and 600TVL camera. I have a few questions please.
1) does anyone have a wiring diagram / instructions of exactly how to connect it to the XA osd? I presume it involves cutting the supplied cable that links the camera to the Tx module?

2) if I want to, can I dispense with the balance plug dongle and power the Tx direct from my 14.8v battery?

3) what are the plugs they use to connect to the Tx called (the 5 pin and 2 pin) in case I need spares?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

wbrownj

So I just got my Fat Shark Attitudes together with f/s 250mw Tx and 600TVL camera. I have a few questions please.
1) does anyone have a wiring diagram / instructions of exactly how to connect it to the XA osd? I presume it involves cutting the supplied cable that links the camera to the Tx module?

2) if I want to, can I dispense with the balance plug dongle and power the Tx direct from my 14.8v battery?

3) what are the plugs they use to connect to the Tx called (the 5 pin and 2 pin) in case I need spares?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Mmmm. no responses so I will try this. The attached diagram shows what I THINK needs to happen but I am not sure if the dotted bit of the black wire needs to be there, needs NOT to be there or it makes no difference. Please can someone provide advice.

Also if anyone can help with the other two questions I would be very grateful.

Thanks as ever,

Jonathan

View attachment 18060

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 343

kloner

Aerial DP
I've answered this a few times in the superX thread, see how your shoiwng a yellow wire from the osd,,,, you need to use the white one on that piece and that piece only, that's why it's so lame. XA decided to rewire the world with the wrong color wire.... surprised red means positive....

kloner

Aerial DP
the ground is routed throught he osd so the dotted part isn't needed....

the plugs on the xa stuff are bought from XA, the plugs on the fatshark i usually make form old servo plugs, but you can get spares from places like readymade... it is the same as immersion,,,,,

wbrownj

Hi Kloner.... I spent today making up the wiring ... I hate soldering :) ... Plugged it in and IT ALL WORKED... All the osd info is coming through and I can't wait to try it... Bad weather here right now...

Thanks again for your help

J

wbrownj

Thanks to the help of those on this forum, my fpv is all wired up and working... sort of.
Everything is fitted to the x650 and when I look thru my FS Attitudes I get a lovely steady glitch-free picture out of the camera. Cool.
When I start the motors and have them idling round (so still on the ground) there is still no interference.
However, when I tale off the picture starts to break up to the point where it is un-usable.

My ImmersionRC Tx is mounted underneath the body plates, on the outside edge. It is underneath the OSD module but separated from it by the c/f frame plates and about 1 1/2 inches of vertical distance
View attachment 18226

I have distance tested it while on ground and motors off - picture is rock steady at 100ft or so... length of mu garden :)
I am guessing that when the motors get to take-off/flight speed either they or the escs are generating some form of interference that is scrambling the video signal.
BTW the photo shows the Fatshark antenna in a horizontal position. but I have also tried it in a vertical (straight down) orientation and it makes no difference.

Any advice is welcome. Do these symptoms ring a bell with you? Where do you put your tx? Pictures?

My sincere thanks as ever,

Jonathan

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 308

kloner

Aerial DP
ham stuff is all line of site,,,, if anything is between the antennas, make it so there isn't....

cp antennas have a null out the top and bottom, problem having it on it's side is the null can point at you..... kinda like up and down does straight overhead. never point the top of the antenna on either side at them selves

you mentioned it gets worse when powered up.... is the power wire for it soldered in well? right to a main distribution area? how many volts goes into it?

this system will run for a mile easily.... make sure the camera, osd and vtx are all in pal or ntsc

wbrownj

Hi Kloner,
As ever your responsiveness is very much appreciated but I think I have found a more basic cause....
isn't always the way that the second AFTER you post is when you get the lead you'd completely missed before?...
Anyways, the black wire to the camera just came loose in my hand so I am guessing that it was intermittent before and vibrated when the motors spooled up. With the camera out of action the blank screen but still with osd data seemed steady as a rock.
Ergo, this means I have to pull out the wire and solder it... Not my favourite pastime.
Hey ho.... Thanks again

J