XAircraft OSD + FPV Wiring Question

I'm having a brain meltdown on something that should be easy but I'm going around in circles. I'm trying to wire up 2 camera's to a 3 cam switcher and the XA OSD. Can someone take a look at the attached picture and let me know if this looks correct? Thanks for the help everyone.

View attachment 15807

Attachments

• FPV Wiring.jpg
    FPV Wiring.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 361

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Can you plug the FC into your PC and check the OSD settings.

Make sure you select the correct AV input for the socket you are using.

Hope this helps

@RyanMcCrae - I have both camera's working minus the 3 way switch. I'm running the OSD and camera's in NTSC mode.

@Photo Elevate - I noticed that when I was hooking up the camera's that I was not getting video and releazied I did not have the correct AV port selected in the OSD software.

@Kloner - The thought is that I will connect video and ground to the 3 way cam switch and run power separately since the CCD camera takes 5v and the GoPro takes 12v. The FatShark vTX has a 5v pin to power the CCD camera that I was going to run the red wire to and than I have a UBEC to step down my 4S to 12v for the GoPro.

kloner

Aerial DP
i was just making sure you knew the white wire coming out of the osd is the video feed, not yellow like you'd expect. was making sure you knew that, otherwise it doesn't work like i think your experiencing

@kloner-White is video?I was expecting yellow to be video. Thanks for the heads up, I will need to remember that when building the cable.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes.... i did yellow, let it run for about 10 minutes, came up with a dead osd, sent it back to drew cause it no worky anymore and that's the last i heard of that guy..... the diagram he sends even looks like yellow unless you zoom way in and notice yourself. Stupid

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
i was just making sure you knew the white wire coming out of the osd is the video feed, not yellow like you'd expect. was making sure you knew that, otherwise it doesn't work like i think your experiencing

With my XA OSD it's black and white as per the instructions that came with the OSD unit, no guessing required :nevreness:

David

kloner

Aerial DP
and that is the most bass akwards way anybody could do it. Theres 100's of other fpv gear, and all of them use yellow

i made the mistake of asking. he sent me a diagram so i'm not sure if i ever looked at the paper that came with it if there even was one in there..... none the less, i'm gonna run ezosd on mine, need rssi more than anything else that superX osd has....

Thanks to everyone that provided input.I was able to create the custom cables and get everything wired up. Still don't understand why XA uses white for video when the standard seems to be yellow.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
How fortunate.... Not all new OSDs will interface with all FPV cameras.
Just one example DJI developed an SAO for their iOSD so as to retain some backward compatibility with some of the older tech FPV cameras.

Step 1 is to ensure the hardware handshaking is correct between the two devices, i.e., wire pinouts between the two devices are correct. (hence your custom cable)
Step 2 software communication/drivers at both ends can understand and communicate with each other (almost a non-issue for older analog devices where drivers were not required).

kloner

Aerial DP
even dji uses yellow for signal, all of them do cept this one.... and very poorly documented.... they give you a postage stamp picture to realize the yellow and white wires aren't like normal. something that big of a deal needs bold red letters stating such

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Sorry for stupid question but in web site Xaircraft OSD claims to show signal quality. Whats the difference in RSSI and signal quality?

As you are probably aware RSSI is the measure of signal strength between TX and RX, I don't know where you read that the Xaircraft OSD reports signal strength as it doesn't full OSD read out is attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 340

Electro 2

Sorry for stupid question but in web site Xaircraft OSD claims to show signal quality. Whats the difference in RSSI and signal quality?

I believe David is correct here. I can only think they mean *GPS* signal quality in the product description. There is no way for the FC and, hence, the OSD to know the RC signal quality as this could only be provided by a RC receiver that was set up for such and there is no link for this data/voltage into the FC's architecture. The only thing the FC "knows" is whether there's pulses on the command lines, or not.

I can't alter what I know is factual! the OSD is exactly what is portrayed, I can only think they mean number of satellites.... they are Chinese you know!

Glad thats now clear, website is then misleading... Thanks for info. Need to think about this. I Could always rely on taranis rssi warnings. Or consider Some other osd. Minimosd? Is there any real benefit using xaircrafts own osd?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Glad thats now clear, website is then misleading... Thanks for info. Need to think about this. I Could always rely on taranis rssi warnings. Or consider Some other osd. Minimosd? Is there any real benefit using xaircrafts own osd?

Many! you only have to look at the display, and yes Taranis will give you a read out of RSSI and many, many other things with voice if you want it :nevreness:

X