Aeronavics / Droidworx Droidworx mini 6

nicwilke

NIc you were a busy guy over the last day. Looks fun. Look forward to seeing some footage from that mini-beast.

I'm enjoying this build, thinking less is more. I will see how I can limit weight. The 54g Tmotors are superb quality. Can't wait to spin them on up.

Efliernz

Pete
Great job mate. No time-lapse! It would have been a perfect contender.

I presume everything slotted in perfectly or did you need to file/sand anything out?
I suspect it just fell together... and that is what we pay a bit extra for ;)
Pete

nicwilke

Pete,
Everything slotted in perfectly. The motor mounts hold in with squeezing the side bolt, same with the arms. I need to keep one arm loose to pull off to insert the controller. I'm thinking I'll use the Naza as the YS-X4 hasn't arrived yet, and swap it out next week perhaps.

Today I have been to Jaycar to get some flux and some shrink tube.

About to start getting the electrics tidied.

nicwilke

e2arysam.jpg

Doesn't look like much, but the motors and ESC's are all wired up to the PDB and spent a long time tidying up the wires so she's neat. All ready for the Naza tonight.
8agyre9a.jpg

dytu6yna.jpg

ge2e5e3u.jpg

nicwilke

12:30am I'm done. All except setting up the Naza in software.
azupuzah.jpg

yjynesah.jpg

9aqyde8y.jpg

I'm a whopping 100 grams over audit weight (from online specs. Perhaps I've used too much solder, :D

Weight is bang on 1kg.

hjls3

if you are getting an AUW, might one assume she will fly today? looking forward to your flight report. she turned out neat and real tidy, nicely done.

nicwilke

if you are getting an AUW, might one assume she will fly today? looking forward to your flight report. she turned out neat and real tidy, nicely done.

Yeah, spun it up on the table sans props while feeding my 2yo girl. Sounded sweet, and then we put the props on. After dinner, it was time to bath her, and after I got her to sleep it was too dark to video the maiden.

Tomorrow I'll test it out.

With 5000mah 3s Lipo it's 1430g. I can loose about 80g with a 4000mah 3s, but this thing will be fine with a gopro brushless gimbal and the 5000.

Hi nicwilke -
How have you fitted the GoPro brushless gimbal? I'm guessing that it will hang underneath. Will you need to attach longer legs or "catch and release"?

Dale.

nicwilke

Yes, I will hang the gopro brushless gimbal under, and make 3 carbon fibre spoke clearance legs. There's well poisoned bolt that will make fitting easy. That will be next month.

nicwilke

Sorry about the dark, but this thing took a while to get the Naza running. I finally had time to do some tests. Here's the first flight. I did 4 flights, mainly hovers and motors, ESC's and batteries did not heat at all. I lift off at about 30% throttle. More to come soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
good thing you got a brushless gimbal. that naza likes to hover manual mid stick if you can prop it there. GPS mode was nailing it.....exept that weird dji wobbling... smaller props would help that alot

just to compare something to it, the fully loaded disco weighs 1600 grams with 4000 4s and full fpv/hero. crazy your that light. my 1000kv motors liked 8" best.

nicwilke

Sorry about the dark, but this thing took a while to get the Naza running. I finally had time to do some tests. Here's the first flight. I did 4 flights, mainly hovers and motors, ESC's and batteries did not heat at all. I lift off at about 30% throttle. More to come soon.

Last edited by a moderator: