New profile posts

Hi I have just purchased a M690L which arrived today. I have been plying about with a Parrot 2 and have now upgraded. I have a G2 gimble and GoPro 4 also Align FPV headset. Really looking forward to start using my new equipment.
Chris Darling!

How the hell are you? What have you been up to? Are you still messing about with drones ... or have you finally come to your senses and discarded them for an uncomplicated life at a beach bar?

I am still as stupid as ever, wading pointlessly through the mire of regulations against huge numbers of 'professional cinematographers' with Phantoms. Still wasting money on Dieter's bloody X8 airframe. ****. Christ knows why.

Let's have some news.

Lots of Love, Gray
Hi Rob, there are not that many folks on these forums that I have faith in, but you are one of the few that I do.

The old X8 prop efficiency nugget .....

There are as many opinions as there are you-know-whats on this subject but the general consensus seems to be to either lower the gains of the upper motors - thereby voluntarily relinquishing a percentage of available lifting power - or to increase the pitch of the lower props to establish some sort of balance of efficiency and to help prevent the lower props freewheeling.

The trouble is, carbon props are not generally supplied with different pitches for each length. So it is not possible, for example, to install a smaller prop with a one inch higher pitch. One can only install a longer prop with a slightly higher pitch.

In your opinion, is this latter option workable or does a longer prop on the lower motors introduce other undesirable elements?

Regards, Graham Hay
Hi, I have posted on the site asking whether or not the A2 v2.7 firmware can be trusted and whether or not there have been any reported 'incidents'. I'm in a bit of a hurry so I don't want to just wait until the right person happens to catch the post.

I know you use the A2, have you stuck to an earlier firmware or have you updated? My problem is an incompatibility between various iPhones/iPads, Apple iOS version, firmware versions and DJI Assistant app versions.

Regards, Graham Hay
My backround is in model aviation, flying from the age of 8. I have extensive experience in competition model aviation. F3A and F3C , building tuning and flying for myself and other top level pilots from throughout the world for 12 years, I was employed at Futaba for 2 years providing flight reports on products in development. In 1997 I was put in charge of developing an industrial R/C helicopter design for Aerial Cinematography at CopterVision, in Van Nuys Ca. At that time we were 1 of 2 close range aerial cinema providers in the industry. A little over 10 years in operation with hundreds of shoots feature films ,TV , commercials' and music videos We are now Cine-Air a division of Cinema Rentals.